Best Team In The State

WoodlawnFalcons

5 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

The work excited was never mentioned. Big difference between that and relieved...:thumb:

Excited, relieved, whatever makes you feel better. Kinda like I'm sure Maryville folks were relieved that Oakland was without half their starting defense the first time around but I didn't see any Oakland fans bring that up. Again, injuries happen. I loved watching Hodge play bc he runs with a physicality that you don't see alot these days

Edited by MidTennFootball

14 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

They didn't cross the 50 all night. He's a great player, but not crossing the 50? Not sure his playing would've changed the outcome.

Oakland didn't play Murvul all 5 weeks of the postseason. I said they were playing their best football the last 5 weeks of the year.

Again, there are several teams who could make a case. 

He’s their BEST player, period. Hard to replace that kind of talent especially in the biggest game of the season on the road...With Hodge, I certainly don’t think Murvul gets shut out. It’s very difficult, almost impossible, to shut out a multi dimensional Murvul squad. Great season to Oakland tho. 

Edited by Throwdeslant

9 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not gonna dispute that, but it would have been a fatal mistake to underestimate Maryville bc of one injury. Injuries are a part of the game, Oakland has had their fair share of key players out for games against Maryville. You'll never hear me get excited about the injury to another player, and I doubt any Oakland folks on here would either

Look at that matchup the last couple of years. Very very tight games typically to the wire, even in the earlier matchup this year, THEN 38-0? Oakland did NOT get that much better in 10 weeks. 

I do think Alcoa would match up to Oakland's wing t offense better than Maryville. It would be a defensive battle for sure.  

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Excited, relieved, whatever makes you feel better. Kinda like I'm sure Maryville folks were relieved that Oakland was without half their starting defense the first time around but I didn't see any Oakland fans bring that up. Again, injuries happen. I loved watching Hodge play bc he runs with a physicality that you don't see alot these days

Again, big difference in excited and relieved. Whatever, makes it feel right for you I guess. I don’t recall any Murvul fans on the T chanting that they were the best team in the state after that game either....

1 minute ago, Throwdeslant said:

He’s their BEST player, period. Hard to replace that kind of talent especially in the biggest game if the season on the road...With Hodge, I certainly don’t think Murvul gets shut out. It’s very difficult, almost impossible, to shut out a multi dimensional Murvul squad. Great season to Oakland tho. 

Nobody is saying they would. You'd have an argument if Maryville was competitive like they were in 2016 without Hopkins, but they werent

3 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

He’s their BEST player, period. Hard to replace that kind of talent especially in the biggest game if the season on the road...With Hodge, I certainly don’t think Murvul gets shut out. It’s very difficult, almost impossible, to shut out a multi dimensional Murvul squad. Great season to Oakland tho. 

Agreed. Unbelievably physical. I love watching him run the ball, tbh.

3 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Look at that matchup the last couple of years. Very very tight games typically to the wire, even in the earlier matchup this year, THEN 38-0? Oakland did NOT get that much better in 10 weeks. 

I do think Alcoa would match up to Oakland's wing t offense better than Maryville. It would be a defensive battle for sure.  

The defense was at full strength for the first time ALL SEASON at the beginning of the playoffs so they actually DID improve a TON at that point.

I agree about an Alcoa/Oakland matchup. An absolute slobberknocker!!

4 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Oakland did get better, but more importantly, they got healthy. Oakland was without Jefferson for a huge chunk of the year, which you can tell affected the offense judging by his last 2 games.

Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous it's Blackman that scheduled Alcoa and not Oakland

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

I sure do wish Alcoa was playing Oakland and Greeneville instead of Blackmen next year..........Reality check!

Out of respect to my Greeneville buddies, I won’t respond. However, no 6A school wants to play a small 3A school because there’s nothing in it for them. If they win, they were supposed to win, but, if they lose, uh oh. Yada, yada, yada...:lol: How many times we heard that one before???

• Like 1