Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

7 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

She is a senior and has not run the point at any point during her career (including middle school). She is a take it from the wing and drive to the basket player. She is not the point guard type of player. I do not understand that decision at all. Harrison sees the floor better than any player I have seen and should be the one running it. Westview has no depth this year. They have a long way to go before they will be postseason ready

My take was Jadas decision making must not be what he likes right now so he moved her off the ball. I think shes kind of a Westbrook/Harden type who needs the ball in their hands to be effective

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RealisticFan45 said:

My take was Jadas decision making must not be what he likes right now so he moved her off the ball. I think shes kind of a Westbrook/Harden type who needs the ball in their hands to be effective

He hasn’t had her on the ball all season. That’s been a big adjustment for someone who is used to having the ball in her hands the majority of the game. Even in AAU playing on the same team with Chloe Moore-McNeil and a bunch of other juniors/seniors, she was a different player than she was tonight. If she doesn’t have the green light then she holds back and second guesses decisions thinking she will get in trouble if she doesn’t run the exact play like a robot

2 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I agree Realistic. I'd give her the green light to shoot it from the parking lot and put the ball in her hands every time down the court..until their Point gets back in action. It'll only help her and the team down the road. 

1 minute ago, SuperFan14A said:

She didn't look comfortable running point against our defense. I'd go with the freshman phenom if I were the coach and take my lumps with her. If her "big" sister did it as a freshman, then she can too. I was expecting Harrison to shoot more, but she didn't appear ready to shoot on some of those shots. Harrison is going to be a special player and from what I'm hearing...WV will have 2 junior high girls coming in the next couple of years who are playmakers too. I did think WV's big girl looked good when they fed her the ball on the blocks though. It's a long season and a lot of things change between early December and late February. 

Yes I agree! Also, yes  there is a good 7th grade (Ashley McElhiney’s niece) and a good 8th grade guard on the middle school team that will be coming up that will get lots of minutes as freshmen. Westview stopped feeding it into the post player after the 1st quarter even though that was working well. I didn’t understand that either 

3 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I agree Realistic. I'd give her the green light to shoot it from the parking lot and put the ball in her hands every time down the court..until their Point gets back in action. It'll only help her and the team down the road. 

Callins wasn’t running the point before the got hurt. She and Harrison have been on the wing and the same girl as tonight has been running the point

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

Callins wasn’t running the point before the got hurt. She and Harrison have been on the wing and the same girl as tonight has been running the point

Well she must touch the ball a lot and with her absence, they were more out of sync than I am accustomed to seeing. Yancey didn't look comfortable with the "extra" ball handling to me. To me, she's more of a slasher and driver. 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, eastten said:

Grainger got beat by Greeneville this week and struggled with Gatlinburg on the road. Grainger has talent but will struggle against well coached teams. They will miss Combs on the bench this season. Looks like he was a BIG piece for them. 

Northview and South Greene are solid but not near as good as last year. NV has the Penland girl but not a ton around her, although they do have some shooters who help if they’re “on.” SG is well coached but just doesn’t have the scorers they usually do and lost probably 60-70% of their scoring from last year. 

These teams get the publicity because they self promote but here’s my outlook on East TN, or at least this substate area:

Sullivan Central (Abbey Crawford D1 post is TOUGH), Elizabethton (long and will be matchup problem for post season teams) (1 and 2) Greeneville, Grainger, South Greene (even)

Alcoa, Gatlinburg-Pittman, Northview (Top 3) Carter, Pigeon Forge (even)

I sure do love this response because it's from someone in the know! Grainger is a poorly coached team!  Good thing they have talent.  I fully expect South Greene to win their district. Could be a cake walk.

East TN AA is wide open much like it was last season.  Elizabethton and Sullivan Central return the majority of their teams and will be a force come tournament time.  They both could beat anyone anywhere. Both teams are very talented and well coached! Elizabethton's recorded might not be flashy right now but their schedule has been more than tough to start the season.   

I also like to see GP mentioned in this response.  (Good thing a road win at GP isn't considered a quality win! Now that cracks me up!)  GP has a team capable of beating anyone.  Pigeon Forge is also a tough match up for anyone.  Alcoa and Northview are tough and will have a ton to say about who goes to the state tournament in AA.

Good thing it's only December and the sectionals aren't decided in some online forum.  Luckily for everyone all of it will be decided on the court!

2 hours ago, SACFLY said:

I sure do love this response because it's from someone in the know! Grainger is a poorly coached team!  Good thing they have talent.  I fully expect South Greene to win their district. Could be a cake walk.

East TN AA is wide open much like it was last season.  Elizabethton and Sullivan Central return the majority of their teams and will be a force come tournament time.  They both could beat anyone anywhere. Both teams are very talented and well coached! Elizabethton's recorded might not be flashy right now but their schedule has been more than tough to start the season.   

I also like to see GP mentioned in this response.  (Good thing a road win at GP isn't considered a quality win! Now that cracks me up!)  GP has a team capable of beating anyone.  Pigeon Forge is also a tough match up for anyone.  Alcoa and Northview are tough and will have a ton to say about who goes to the state tournament in AA.

Good thing it's only December and the sectionals aren't decided in some online forum.  Luckily for everyone all of it will be decided on the court!

Coach, your players know you’re picking SG to take the district? Our Region tourney should be fun either way. ;-)

On 12/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, SACFLY said:

Looks like Grainger put one on South Greene tonight, if that score is right.