Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Think all three players Chole, Tess and Karlie knew she was there too and might have been pressing a little. Both teams are great. I would put a Vegas line as a pick em if they played in the Boro. Loretto is better than I thought. Right now I have Greenfield 1 and Loretto 2.

I agree. Toss up at the Boro. That was more of a home game for Greenfield. Great win for Greenfield tonight though. Props from GC on your win. 

27 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

How do you all measure "best players"? Just asking

A lot more to this stuff than what people realize....

Tennessee needs a shooter - Tess Darby.... they don't need a point guard....

The reality is, both of these players would not be having the success they're having without the other on the team.

Edited by GCPioneer

6 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I agree. Toss up at the Boro. That was more of a home game for Greenfield. Great win for Greenfield tonight though. Props from GC on your win. 

Very happy to get the win tonight against a great program like Westview. Prayers to Callins and also the the girls from South Side and Crockett County.for healing. Coach Wilkins and GC never cease to amaze me on how well they play in big games. I knew the longer GC hung around the tougher they would be. Very obvious Westview is trying g to figure things out a little. They will get it figured out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

A lot more to this stuff than what people realize....

Tennessee needs a shooter - Tess Darby.... they don't need a point guard....

The reality is, both of these players would not be having the success they're having without the other on the team.

The most accurate post I have read lately. Couldn’t agree more. You sir have a clue where as most do not.

7 minutes ago, Brazier said:

Ok , enough with the hostility guys....let's just all agree that Loretto and GF are great teams and when the season is over they'll be #2&#3 in the state right behind SUMMERTOWN!!!!! ;)

Summertown is a good team. They are like GC. They need to be more consistent handling the ball and they can beat a lot of good teams.

Great atmosphere at the game last night.  Loretto did not get rattled when Greenfield jumped on them.  It was back and forth all game.  Neither team gave an inch.  Could have easily gone the other way, but congrats to a very good Greenfield team.  It's been said that Greenfield missed a lot of easy shots, and they did, but they were contested shots.  Loretto did not shoot the ball very well at all.  Left a lot of shots out there too.  Both defense came to play.  I've seen on this board from a few points up to 20 points that Greenfield was going to win.  These teams are evenly matched and it will be a good one if they meet in the Boro.   I think the calls will be different,  less hand grabs and checks, but you have to play through what's being allowed.   This game helped our Lady Mustangs and Ole Summertown will help us get better too.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gogold said:

Great atmosphere at the game last night.  Loretto did not get rattled when Greenfield jumped on them.  It was back and forth all game.  Neither team gave an inch.  Could have easily gone the other way, but congrats to a very good Greenfield team.  It's been said that Greenfield missed a lot of easy shots, and they did, but they were contested shots.  Loretto did not shoot the ball very well at all.  Left a lot of shots out there too.  Both defense came to play.  I've seen on this board from a few points up to 20 points that Greenfield was going to win.  These teams are evenly matched and it will be a good one if they meet in the Boro.   I think the calls will be different,  less hand grabs and checks, but you have to play through what's being allowed.   This game helped our Lady Mustangs and Ole Summertown will help us get better too.  

I was glad to see refs let them play. I read where fouls were basically equal. Greenfield played much more aggressively on D and that's why they won. Little Darby was the reason Greenfield won. Weathers is the real deal despite her daddy. This was the Single A state championship. They will rematch in a couple months

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Lorettois a good team and will give any team trouble with their rebounding ability. 

17 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Neither team shot the ball well. Both teams are very talented and well coached. It's amazing how far girls basketball has come. But the star of the day I thought was Gibson Co. Man the played a masterful 2nd half against Westview. I sure got my money's worth today. Need more of these showcase events.

Loretto's size and space they take up around the rim is a concern for every one. Thought Greenfield made a nice adjustment getting Chloe and Tess in the paint more. Think they have to have some points in the paint and they did y day. Thanks for the compliment Croppy. If we can handle the ball like we have the last three games we can be real competitive. Same song for Huntingdon too right?