Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

3 hours ago, maddams said:

Top 10 after first week of season. These are worthless but give us something to talk about

1. Greenfield (2-0) - handled a good USJ team with little difficulty

2. Loretto (3-0) - dominating start to the season

3. Clarkrange (2-1) - really tough schedule to start the year, only loss to AA favorite Macon County

4. Gibson Co (3-0) - defending champs, schedule toughens significantly this week

5. Pickett Co (2-0) - solid win at AA DeKalb County

6. North Greene (4-0) - undefeated with a nice win over Gatlinburg

7. Summertown (1-1) - blew out Eagleville, lost in OT to AAA Page

8. Cloudland (2-1) - only loss was close to AA South Greene

9. Union City (2-0) - two wins over soft opponents but hearing good things about this team

10. Oneida (2-1) - loss was a blowout to AAA Bearden

GC's schedule is brutal for the next three weeks have 11 or 12 games that includes Greenfield, TCA, Westview, South Side twice. Dyersburg twice, Covington, Arlington, Chester County, Dresden...that is just off the top of my head. We will be better at the end of the year building depth and chemistry. We are kinda where Greenfield was last here. Our depth is talented but inexperienced.

8 hours ago, maddams said:

Top 10 after first week of season. These are worthless but give us something to talk about

3. Clarkrange (2-1) - really tough schedule to start the year, only loss to AA favorite Macon County

4. Gibson Co (3-0) - defending champs, schedule toughens significantly this week

9. Union City (2-0) - two wins over soft opponents but hearing good things about this team

Not a bad top ten, but I'd have Summertown up a few spots.  

On 11/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, maddams said:

I would move Pickett down, I saw them play twice in pre session, I would take Cloudland out, they barley beat a really bad Happy Valley team Tuesday night.

46 minutes ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

I believe Loretto beat Greenfield last year in the semifinals. And I believe neither had a senior. So I would put Loretto ahead of Greenfield at this point in the season.

They beat Greenfield and I will give them credit for that.  If they had played 5 times Greenfield would have won 4.  No way they are ahead of Greenfield right now.  Greenfield also has a transfer that is a future college player so there you go. 

33 minutes ago, Intense said:

They beat Greenfield and I will give them credit for that.  If they had played 5 times Greenfield would have won 4.  No way they are ahead of Greenfield right now.  Greenfield also has a transfer that is a future college player so there you go. 

I really think you guys and Loretto can play with them. We turned the ball over 30 times and they made 15 lay ups either on garbage rebounds or steals. A good PG and a zone defense will give them problems. Our zone defense was giving them problems. We just gave them to many free buckets. They are good but a good ball handling team can beat them. I will reserve my judgement on them after the TCA and Loretto games.

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I really think you guys and Loretto can play with them. We turned the ball over 30 times and they made 15 lay ups either on garbage rebounds or steals. A good PG and a zone defense will give them problems. Our zone defense was giving them problems. We just gave them to many free buckets. They are good but a good ball handling team can beat them. I will reserve my judgement on them after the TCA and Loretto games.

Greenfield-Gibson County game. I’m not sure I was at the same game. It could have been a 50 point game if coach had wanted to. Your zone was giving us problems? Oh my. It was 40-15 at half. Everybody has an opinion but I dont understand this post. You do know your basketball but I just don’t understand it. 

Loretto is a good team and it will be a great ball game Dec 7.  Who knows TCA could beat us this Saturday. We won’t go undefeated but this sure is a fun team to watch play. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

11 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield-Gibson County game. I’m not sure I was at the same game. It could have been a 50 point game if coach had wanted to. Your zone was giving us problems? Oh my. It was 40-15 at half. Everybody has an opinion but I dont understand this post. You do know your basketball but I just don’t understand it. 

Loretto is a good team and it will be a great ball game Dec 7.  Who knows TCA could beat us this Saturday. We won’t go undefeated but this sure is a fun team to watch play. 

Just saying you scored 17-18 lay ups. GC won't turn the ball over 30 times for you every game I will assure you. We gave you 35 points on TO's That is a fact. Your defense is great. They had something to do with it no doubt. Your 1/2 court offense isn't where you beat us. You are a great team. We turned the ball over 7-8 times in the first two-three minutes. Loretto will play the match up zone they played last year and if they handle the ball they will have a chance. Same with TCA tomm. I am just saying how Greenfield can be beat. Loretto beat you last year with exactly what I am saying. Yow are a great team no doubt. No need in getting upset. You will see lots of zone this year. Loretto gave you all kinds of problems last year with the zone. I just said I will reserve my judgement after I watch the Loretto and TCA game on who I think is the better team. Right now I am leaning toward you guys as the number 1 team but I just want to see the game before I make it official.

Edited by pioneer42