Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

4 hours ago, ecu said:

Are they that powerful?

They're a top 10 team.  The point I was trying to make is that District 8 appears to be way down compared to years past.  I saw Moore County, Huntland, and Cascade this summer.  Unless they were missing multiple players, none of them will challenge Eagleville.  

The District 7 (their region opponent) is probably the worst girls basketball district in Class A.  Eagleville should cruise to a sub-state game

10 hours ago, maddams said:

They're a top 10 team.  The point I was trying to make is that District 8 appears to be way down compared to years past.  I saw Moore County, Huntland, and Cascade this summer.  Unless they were missing multiple players, none of them will challenge Eagleville.  

The District 7 (their region opponent) is probably the worst girls basketball district in Class A.  Eagleville should cruise to a sub-state game

District 7 is terrible!  Cascade lost their best player.

20 hours ago, maddams said:

I would pump the brakes on Eagleville a bit. After watching them late in the year last year, they relied heavily  on 3 girls. After that, there is a noticeable drop off. I don’t think their depth allows them to be a threat to “win it all”. I looked at their schedule on their website. They will definitely be tested. They added two games with Summertown and a trip to Loretto right before tourney time. Along with playing the close AA teams  (Forrest, Community, Central Magnet). 
It seems like the power in A basketball is moving west a bit these days. 

20 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

I like the way the TSSAA are requiring teams to count hof games on regular season w/ins & lose records like the regular season ( other than seedings ) makes any difference / as my coach used to say reg season only warm up games tournament what really counts 

This is nothing new.

12 minutes ago, ecu said:

Any other games you saw or heard about yesterday?

Gibson County lost to Houston. Single digit game late then Houston pulled away late. GC beat Munford and Collierville. GC plays Huntingdon Tuesday and Lexington Friday. GC looked really good second and third game yesterday. Point Guard who was out handled pressure to perfection. Yesterday is first game whole team has played together. Hopefully we are healed up. Point Guard missed all summer with broke hand. Shooting Guards have had broke ankle and broke foot. Hopefully we are healthy. I was proud of what I seen. GC will be stronger offensively this year than last especially in the paint. Watch out if they improve a lot defensively.

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County lost to Houston. Single digit game late then Houston pulled away late. GC beat Munford and Collierville. GC plays Huntingdon Tuesday and Lexington Friday. GC looked really good second and third game yesterday. Point Guard who was out handled pressure to perfection. Yesterday is first game whole team has played together. Hopefully we are healed up. Point Guard missed all summer with broke hand. Shooting Guards have had broke ankle and broke foot. Hopefully we are healthy. I was proud of what I seen. GC will be stronger offensively this year than last especially in the paint. Watch out if they improve a lot defensively.

I’ve been hearing that the young post for GC has really improved and will be tough to stop this year. My only question about GC is at the point guard position. Lost alot of experience at that spot from last year. If they have someone to fill that role, I think IMO they will be back at Murfreesboro. 

1 hour ago, hoopfever said:

I’ve been hearing that the young post for GC has really improved and will be tough to stop this year. My only question about GC is at the point guard position. Lost alot of experience at that spot from last year. If they have someone to fill that role, I think IMO they will be back at Murfreesboro. 

Sweatt ran point guard last year, and will run it again this year. Neal will run the point some also.

Gibson County is certainly good enough to get back to Murfreesboro and compete.

2 hours ago, hoopfever said:

They have a good PG who is dedicated to being the quarterback and not necessarily worried about scoring. She don't turn the ball over as a rule. We had about 12-15 TO's in all three games Saturday. We were undefeated in play days with her running point this spring until she got hurt. Madison Hart (young post) will be a Miss Basketball candidate next year. She had 21 against Collierville. She is a beast. We are not as good as last years team defensively but we are a lot longer and bigger. 5'6, 5'9, 5'9, 5'11 and 5'11.  Wry excited about our team. We will line up and play hard and that is all you can do. Greenfield, Loretto and Clarkrange are the favorites. Very good teams. GC, Summertown, Huntingdon, Dresden, Eagleville, Pickett County, Oneida, Clay County, Trenton, Union City, Gleason and ...... others will be in the mix.

Edited by pioneer42