Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, allsportsmatter said:

i agree with imdog landers should win region by 20 pts a night won state with this group should be a final 4 team easily mayby more

It won't be easily.  I can assure you that.  Winning the region and substate is one thing.  Once you get to the glass house,  its about who has the hot hand.  Every team there is a great team. 

Here's my picks   (1)  Loretto  (2)  Greenfield  (3)  Clarkrange   (4)  Summertown  (5) Gibson Co.

You could interchange the first 2, but Loretto comes back loaded and will get back 2 of their players that couldn't contribute in state that could have helped them win it all.  They now have some experience in the grind to get there and compete.  With that said Greenfield is a load and they have the talent to win it all.  The other 3 teams on a good night could beat these top 2 I've picked to win it all.  Good teams with very good coaches in these 5.   

15 hours ago, gogold said:

Here's my picks   (1)  Loretto  (2)  Greenfield  (3)  Clarkrange   (4)  Summertown  (5) Gibson Co.

You could interchange the first 2, but Loretto comes back loaded and will get back 2 of their players that couldn't contribute in state that could have helped them win it all.  They now have some experience in the grind to get there and compete.  With that said Greenfield is a load and they have the talent to win it all.  The other 3 teams on a good night could beat these top 2 I've picked to win it all.  Good teams with very good coaches in these 5.   

Need to expand your list. There's more than 5 teams that could very well win it all!

My take based on what I saw this summer and returning talent from last year:

1. Greenfield - incredible collection of talent for a Class A school

2. Loretto - best player in Class A; solid supporting cast

3. Clarkrange - excellent guards; Coach Rogers 

4. Gibson County - defending champs; will be very good by January; Coach Wilkins

5. Summertown - return every contributor from state tournament team

6. Huntingdon - 3 very good players; will miss graduated PG's presence 

7. Eagleville - return every contributor from state tournament team; weak district

8. Peabody - incredibly athletic, will make people very uncomfortable

9. Dresden - looked very dangerous this summer

10. Oneida - good returning group

Other teams that could make state tournament with some breaks: Gleason, Pickett County, Cosby, Cloudland

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Need to expand your list. There's more than 5 teams that could very well win it all!

Well, I asked for top 5 in my earlier post.  If I were doing top 10  I would probably go with (5)Eagleville, (6) Huntingdon, (7) Dresden, (8) Oneida, (9) Crosby, and (10) Dresden.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

How many starters does Eagleville have coming back? Who are the best teams in this region? Who could make the substate?

Region tournament will be another district tournament. Who is biggest threat to Eagleville?