Reggie Grimes to Ravenwood

Mount Juliet did the same thing that Ravenwood has now done. They gave Dad a job to get his son just like Dad shopped his kid to get the jobs. Ravenwood will soon find out that Daddy is not a very good coach and not worth  one year playing. Sad when parents mess up their kids. Also do not believe he will be eligible to play his senior season.

Edited by fb247

23 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Can we all say somebody is about to get a large dose of 'sports reality'?

Facts are RECRUITING happens both in Privates and Publics.  Some are just more blatant than others.

Then you have the MASTERS of it .....................like Rankin.   LOL

It tends to get more exposed in Williamson County 

On 5/30/2019 at 5:41 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

Can we all say somebody is about to get a large dose of 'sports reality'?

Facts are RECRUITING happens both in Privates and Publics.  Some are just more blatant than others.

Then you have the MASTERS of it .....................like Rankin.   LOL

And Creasy.....

BIG MONEY BUDDY

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, DillonPanthers1 said:

And Creasy.....

BIG MONEY BUDDY

I do not know if Creasy does it or not.  I do not know him personally.  As to the two from South Carolina, it was NOT unusual to hear both of them bragging about it.  Same for their Dad when he got mad at Rankin.

If you hung around practice enough, ALL the people involved eventually told on themselves.

Sometimes it was good to be a detective.  It was nothing the T$$AA could not have found out if they REALLY wanted to.  Thing is they really did NOT want to find out and expose it.  It would have hurt their bottom line.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, delrod said:

So the father was not a certified teacher at MJ, but the kids can go to the school and live out of zone?  Not blaming the dad, I would take advantage of whatever the powers that be in Wilson Co. let me get away with all in the name of winning a few more football or basketball games.  My question would be does the janitor get the same privileges?  Does the lunch lady?  No.  Yes I get it that Wilson Co. is open zoning but only if the school is below capacity which MJ is not.  And you have to at least live in the county, remember it is our property taxes that pay for a big chunk of schools.   It is amazing how many kids Mj has gotten in their school in the past few years that do not live in their zone, and all of them are athletes.  No band kids, no FFA kids,  If you call MJ and tell them you have a kid in the Walter J. Baird middle school band who wants to play in MJ band but you live in Lebanon zone they tell you that you have to move, but if you have a kid who is a good basketball (girls and boys), football, or baseball/softball player they suddenly have room for you.  I get it that a good athletic program is good for the overall health of a school, but what about those kids who have worked their way through middle school and played jv and now  as a junior or senior you are getting replaced by some kid who does not even live in your school zone?  Something is wrong about that, we are putting way too much emphasis on sports and it has gotten out of hand.  This is an extracurricular activity we are talking about.  

Most of the school funding comes from the state. Minimum of 7300 per student even if they are out of district. So actually it benefits the budget of that school district. 

Can we say IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.  Look for young Grimes to head south to a great boarding school.  He could also transfer to The Baylor School, The Webb School, Saint Andrews Sewanee or The McCallie School and be eligible.  

2 hours ago, cbg said:

Can we say IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.  Look for young Grimes to head south to a great boarding school.  He could also transfer to The Baylor School, The Webb School, Saint Andrews Sewanee or The McCallie School and be eligible.  

But will Daddy still have a job at Ravenwood if baby boy heads south? 

3 hours ago, cbg said:

It would be cheaper to get an apartment for a month in the zone or rent to get in than to go out of state.  

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Won't MJ be watching this one closely to make sure everything is legit? 

Lots of houses for sale in Trousdale County just in case. 

Had a kid in Gallatin rent for a month in Station Camp’s zone then move right back to the same neighborhood to get into Station Camp.