South Pittsburg vs Sequatchie (Grider against this Wattenburger man)

Roy Dillard

8 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Really now, come on! Are you new to MC? He came to Jasper in the 8th grade! 

He made an impact in baseball and football! Should have in basketball but that’s another story...

He played his freshman year for Dale Puritt and then the next coach just well, I’ll be nice and keep that comment to myself, let’s say underutilized him for two yrs. When Troy took over he actually used him as he should have! 

As far as baseball, go look in the trophy case at MCHS..do believe two years in a row they broke the most win record and took region I think 3 yrs in a row! 

Thats the past though, Joe serves in the United States Air Force now. He’s been serving for I believe 6 yrs and is living in Virginia. 

It also helped that the team was much older in 2008. 

9 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Joe was a very humble young man and never took the limelight! He was able to do what he did because of the 10 guys on the field with him. 

With that being said, he was a leader that when he broke a big play or made an interception, the team feed off of him! That’s not taking anything away from his teammates either! He wouldn’t of rushed over a 1000 yards with the holes being there to run through! Martin was a great Qb, Yell was a great lineman...I could go on and on about them. Just don’t downplay his ability or leadership! 

The year after he graduated showed just how much of an impact he had on that team! 

He was the best player on that team and I never have downplayed what he meant to that team, but I’m not gonna let someone say he was the only reason they were any good that year.

10 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Are you sure ? 

Yall seem pretty confident since you beat Milan like you did. A team that can spread out your defense will have success against you. I watched it last night. Yall were expecting the run 90 % of the time and had a defense ready for the run. Not all teams are one dimensional. You may beat us but I promise you a better game then what you had against Milan if we had the chance.

10 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Really now, come on! Are you new to MC? He came to Jasper in the 8th grade! 

He made an impact in baseball and football! Should have in basketball but that’s another story...

He played his freshman year for Dale Puritt and then the next coach just well, I’ll be nice and keep that comment to myself, let’s say underutilized him for two yrs. When Troy took over he actually used him as he should have! 

As far as baseball, go look in the trophy case at MCHS..do believe two years in a row they broke the most win record and took region I think 3 yrs in a row! 

Thats the past though, Joe serves in the United States Air Force now. He’s been serving for I believe 6 yrs and is living in Virginia. 

Old Pirate says, JTMM and his fellow SP teammates dominated Jasper sports while SP took some blows due to the drop off in talent remaining. JTMM’s presence was like the lead violin in an orchestra! The first violinist is concertmaster and is not only musician but leader. BTW,  The skillet slinger is a huge orchestra fan, certainly not OP. Figure OP is more a dueling banjo type! LOPAO 

• Upvote 1