Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

I will say this about the Greenfield game. Greenfield got a few TO’s early but Union City had great ball movement through the press a bunch last night. When they did they had numbers on the back end and made big shots or lay ups. I noticed last year at Loretto the same thing happend a lot. Loretto got great looks when it made fast passes through the press. Greenfield still won the TO battle probably by quite a bit and had more possessions. But it was a heavyweight fight and Union City came back time and time again. But Chloe Moore did it again. Took over when the pressure was on. I do think it was a wake up call for Greenfield and Union City both. Both needed a game like that, IMO. For Greenfield that they are human and have to still work on their game and Union City that they are very talented and can play with the big boys.

9 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

...seems like a year ago that I remember Greenfield chanting "over rated" to the Lee girl from TCA. I wasn't at that game, but that was the big hub bub last year.  I didn't think anything negative about either student section from what I heard last night. That's part of the hometown support and no one was offended last night, except for some soft skinned parents. 

What was wrong with the Greenfield chants of "over rated" last season against Lee was that they occurred in the post game awards ceremony. That was way wrong and very unsportsmanlike. Based on that, some Greenfield adults should not complain about another teams student section giving them grief. JMO!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

What was wrong with the Greenfield chants of "over rated" last season against Lee was that they occurred in the post game awards ceremony. That was way wrong and very unsportsmanlike. Based on that, some Greenfield adults should not complain about another teams student section giving them grief. JMO!

Yes I agree...I was talking about during the actual game, the student section can play a role...in the "post" game, I totally agree about heckling and chanting at an opposing player. I'm pointing out to the Greenfield fans that are on here crying how they were treated by the UC student section last night, that they need to look in the mirror. They have a short memory when it comes to their own actions. 

12 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Yes I agree...I was talking about during the actual game, the student section can play a role...in the "post" game, I totally agree about heckling and chanting at an opposing player. I'm pointing out to the Greenfield fans that are on here crying how they were treated by the UC student section last night, that they need to look in the mirror. They have a short memory when it comes to their own actions. 

What do you think would happen if Gibson County pulled a stunt like what was pulled last night at UTM?  Players would probably walk into an empty gym the next game. And that is a FACT.

Edited by pioneer42

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What do you think would happen if Gibson County pulled a stunt like what was pulled last night at UTM?  Players would probably walk into an empty gym the next game. And that is a FACT.

Refresh me on what I missed last night. I was standing at the top of the gym directly across from the Greenfield crowd last night. What did I miss? Honestly? I didn't hear anyone talking about anything out of the ordinary during the game. I only saw comments about it on Coacht. 

I also left with about a minute to go in the game to avoid the traffic. 

Edited by SuperFan14A
question

1 minute ago, SuperFan14A said:

Refresh me on what I missed last night. I was standing at the top of the gym directly across from the Greenfield crowd last night. What did I miss? Honestly? I didn't hear anyone talking about anything out of the ordinary during the game. I only saw comments about it on Coacht. 

I am talking about the 4 quarters we watched before the real basketball game between UC and Greenfield.

Just now, pioneer42 said:

I am talking about the 4 quarters we watched before the real basketball game between UC and Greenfield.

Oh yes. I totally agree. Who can lose without making it looked like we done it on purpose. GC fans would revolt. Line em up and play em....beat them now or later, in reality if you're not 1st at the end of a tourney....you're the next to last loser. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I would be sick to see Gibson County purposely lose any game or be excited about losing any game at any point. I don't care if we did have to play Greenfield in the semifinals, I'd look forward to the challenge of playing them. I don't care much about losing, especially on purpose...

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I would be sick to see Gibson County purposely lose any game or be excited about losing any game at any point. I don't care if we did have to play Greenfield in the semifinals, I'd look forward to the challenge of playing them. I don't care much about losing, especially on purpose...

After the fiasco at Riverdale and the penalties and firings, even the thought of it is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Just a reflection of today's society... people would much rather teach their kids to "take a dive" now and go deeper in the tournament, than grit their teeth and take your best shot at knocking off the bully. Doesn't seem to matter about being the best that you are capable of, just matters where it appears that you are at the finish. To me it's the cowards way out to see it as a strategic maneuver.

• Like 1