Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Joe Hassell?  Lol.  You can't be serious.

Never know what to expect with Clinton lol. We might  as well go after Lane Kiffin or Jason Brown(Last Chance U) but we would probably run them out of town as well lol

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Joe Hassell?  Lol.  You can't be serious.

34 minutes ago, uofl said:

is it in the same county 

Would be great to have him at Clinton but he’s too good for this job just to be honest. Very hard place for any coach to coach at and I’m not sure the locals will give any coach a chance to build a program without running them out of town. Hate to say it about my own community but it’s true. Wouldn’t be shocked if they just gave the job to someone on staff already.

10 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Ask Ron Brown to recommend a coach, or Jim Gaylor, both did pretty good there and know the lay of the land.  They might find a good young coach that could do well there. 

Dragon Fans: Are they going to build a new stadium behind the school, next to the indoor facility?  Heard rumors of that,

I’ve heard of such rumors but they are just rumors for now and have been for awhile. I just don’t see any coach coming in here right now and doing well in the region that we are in. Plus the talent to work with just isn’t there right now. Any good athlete we get goes down the road to AC. But honestly I can’t blame them at all.  Looks like it would be a fun place to play football at and the community support is great. I sure do hate to sound negative towards our program right now but it is the truth. Best thing we could do is start out by getting rid of that AD that we got and go from there.

Clinton High School could be a great job.  They recently constructed a new football complex with an indoor practice field.  There is strong community support and a solid alumni base.  They have a history of producing college players even in the lean years.    Dr Tipton is a great principal that supports both academics and athletics.  The city is ready to move forward with stadium renovations if a new stadium is not built.  The biggest thing the new coach will need to do is generate excitement and keep the kids zoned for Clinton in Clinton. Winning a few games cures a lot.  If the TSSAA drops to 5 classes that will help too. They are in a tough region but good coaches want to play tough competition.  Clinton was undefeated in 2009 and most likely could have won the state if their star running back and linebacker Weston Hazelhurst had not gotten hurt.  The stadium was packed and the fans traveled well.  The 2019 team finished with two solid wins.  The Thackerson kid took over mid season and showed improvement playing quarterback each game.  Mckamey laid a foundation that can be built on.  Moreover, Clinton is a great place to live and raise a family.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tnprep said:

Clinton High School could be a great job.  They recently constructed a new football complex with an indoor practice field.  There is strong community support and a solid alumni base.  They have a history of producing college players even in the lean years.    Dr Tipton is a great principal that supports both academics and athletics.  The city is ready to move forward with stadium renovations if a new stadium is not built.  The biggest thing the new coach will need to do is generate excitement and keep the kids zoned for Clinton in Clinton. Winning a few games cures a lot.  If the TSSAA drops to 5 classes that will help too. They are in a tough region but good coaches want to play tough competition.  Clinton was undefeated in 2009 and most likely could have won the state if their star running back and linebacker Weston Hazelhurst had not gotten hurt.  The stadium was packed and the fans traveled well.  The 2019 team finished with two solid wins.  The Thackerson kid took over mid season and showed improvement playing quarterback each game.  Mckamey laid a foundation that can be built on.  Moreover, Clinton is a great place to live and raise a family.

I agree that Clinton is an awesome community to raise a family in (I love it).  Dropping down to 5 classes could help  but as I have said in previous comments before, we don’t have any talent right now and it’s very obvious if you just watched a game. The 2009 season was great but we as a community have to realize that it’s not 2009 anymore and we don’t have those kind  of athletes anymore. Good coaches want to play good competition yes, but a smart coach knows that the region we are in is a no win situation for Clinton right now. I have to disagree on the community support. I am at the last game of the season and Karns had more fans than we did(very embarrassing). The trend for our town has been to come out for the first 5 games with decent crowds and they drop tremendously after that. As far as administration you know already I think Tipton and Collette are a serious problem.

4 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I’m hearing that a longtime assistant coach with a good track record is being highly considered by Clinton for the job. Out of respect to the Coach, I’ll refrain from mentioning his name for now. Let’s just say if Clinton pulls this off, they’ll be getting a great coach. And no, not Joe Hassell :roflol::excl::roflol:

I see us getting a good assistant coach that wants his first head coaching job. That makes a lot more sense to me.  I don’t see us getting someone that’s already had success as a head coach. Whoever it is, I just hope the fan base and administration actually gives him a chance to build a program because it takes time and Clinton is a serious 5-6 year rebuild

14 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

I see us getting a good assistant coach that wants his first head coaching job. That makes a lot more sense to me.  I don’t see us getting someone that’s already had success as a head coach. Whoever it is, I just hope the fan base and administration actually gives him a chance to build a program because it takes time and Clinton is a serious 5-6 year rebuild

I have heard a few under the radar Coordinators, that have been part of some pretty impressive rebuilds.