South Pittsburg vs Red Bank (Grider against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

45 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Has to be sarcasm! SP knows it’s ONE GAME AT A TIME! No one from here is talking about cruising or making reservations in Cookeville...

No sarcasm, Captain. IF the Pirates beat Red Bank, they will cruise to Cookeville. Even after getting #6, Red Bank will be the toughest team they will have played all year. 

5 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Greenback couldn’t beat Meigs County and you think they can beat Red Bank? I respect it, but that’s an... interesting take to say the least. 

I assure you that the GB team that played the first two games is NOT the same bunch that is playing now! I’m not taking nothing away from either of those teams because they’re good ball clubs. Just stating a fact! Not saying the outcome would be any different but there is night and day difference in then and now!!

2 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I assure you that the GB team that played the first two games is NOT the same bunch that is playing now! I’m not taking nothing away from either of those teams because they’re good ball clubs. Just stating a fact! Not saying the outcome would be any different but there is night and day difference in then and now!!

I’m really relieved to hear you say that, and I think that means miles in terms of how competitive GB will be in 1A this year. BUT, playing tight with Meigs and even beating them by a score or two is still not good enough to beat Red Bank this year, at least in my opinion. I guess we will just all have to see how this turns out. SP could pull it out, but I’m sticking to Red Bank by 2 scores.

1 minute ago, TheRefuter said:

I’m really relieved to hear you say that, and I think that means miles in terms of how competitive GB will be in 1A this year. BUT, playing tight with Meigs and even beating them by a score or two is still not good enough to beat Red Bank this year, at least in my opinion. I guess we will just all have to see how this turns out. SP could pull it out, but I’m sticking to Red Bank by 2 scores.

Do you think Red Bank is better than Meigs I haven’t seen them play so I’m asking??? Red Bank might win but they will have to play to beat the pirates. 

Just now, Gbnation said:

Do you think Red Bank is better than Meigs I haven’t seen them play so I’m asking??? Red Bank might win but they will have to play to beat the pirates. 

Short answer: Yes, for now.

Red Bank is a Top 5 3A team this year statewide. Meigs is Top 5 2A. Both are fantastic football teams and they’ll be the only teams keeping SP from 10-0. Friday will very revealing. Like I said earlier, RB by 14, but IF the pirates pull it off, I don’t think there will be another team that can play with them until the 1A championship game. So it’s not really a direct answer to your question, but if SP beats Red Bank, I truly believe they will also beat Meigs. 

It doesnt matter to South Pittsburg who is better Red Bank or Meigs. We have to play both and back to back. South Pittsburg is 7th in the Nation in Scoring averaging around 53 points a game. They have given up a average 5 Points per Game. If Red Bank takes South Pittsburg lightly they will have a hard night. Although I'm sure Red Bank has alot of respect for South Pittsburg and is taking this Game as its toughest to date..

Edited by Geno