MILAN @ HUNTINGDON THE DOG AND PONY SHOW

footballover

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hardin Co is good. They have a TE/LT that has been offered by Bama. Henry Co. is good. Dyersburg will be good if they can get past the injuries. Took Haywood to the wire in Brownsville and have 4 starters out. South Gibson is 5-0 and will probably go 9-1 only losing to Covington. 

T$$AA will never let it happen but go back to 3 classes and see who the BIG DOGS really are

1 minute ago, footballover said:

T$$AA will never let it happen but go back to 3 classes and see who the BIG DOGS really are

You know I can’t believe I am about to say this but I actually agree with you. I however think there should be more than 3 classes. Maybe 5 at the most but certainly not 9. There are more public schools now than there were in the old 3 class days with all the magnet schools and charter schools that have been added so maybe 4 for the public’s and 1 for the private’s that can recruit and offer aid. 

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

There's very few good teams around!

You are very correct and it's not Huntingdon fault for the region they have to play in. IMO playing all those weak teams hurt more than it helps. I would rather lose to a good team in a close game than win by 40 every week against weak teams. Again, nothing the stangs can do about the schedule.

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You know I can’t believe I am about to say this but I actually agree with you. I however think there should be more than 3 classes. Maybe 5 at the most but certainly not 9. There are more public schools now than there were in the old 3 class days with all the magnet schools and charter schools that have been added so maybe 4 for the public’s and 1 for the private’s that can recruit and offer aid. 

All private’s do it. I think 5 in public and still 3 in private would work.  There are more schools just about every year so it might as stay the way it is

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

All private’s do it. I think 5 in public and still 3 in private would work.  There are more schools just about every year so it might as stay the way it is

No. Not all private’s give aid. Well let me back up. I can’t speak about currently. However in previous seasons there have been several that couldn’t. I know TCA while playing in the public division gave no type of aid. No work study or tuition discounts either. Some of the newer less established private’s can’t afford it. Now that they are forced to play in a different division it may be different. 

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No. Not all private’s give aid. Well let me back up. I can’t speak about currently. However in previous seasons there have been several that couldn’t. I know TCA while playing in the public division gave no type of aid. No work study or tuition discounts either. Some of the newer less established private’s can’t afford it. Now that they are forced to play in a different division it may be different. 

That is true about tca and Columbia academy. I’m sure if they want to compete they will now. I know the other ones are 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Hardin Co is good. They have a TE/LT that has been offered by Bama. Henry Co. is good. Dyersburg will be good if they can get past the injuries. Took Haywood to the wire in Brownsville and have 4 starters out. South Gibson is 5-0 and will probably go 9-1 only losing to Covington. 

Ok. S Gibson beat Mcnairy by a touchdown. Huntingdon completely dominated Mcnairy 21-0 in the jamboree playing 1st and 2nd offense.

22 minutes ago, Waker said:

Ok. S Gibson beat Mcnairy by a touchdown. Huntingdon completely dominated Mcnairy 21-0 in the jamboree playing 1st and 2nd offense.

I believe you guys are probably better than S Gibson. But you have to take scrimmages and jamborees with a grain of salt. We tied Henry Co 21-21 in one. They would destroy us if we played now. I just think the teams I named fit the criteria of good teams in West TN.