MILAN @ HUNTINGDON THE DOG AND PONY SHOW

footballover

16 minutes ago, footballover said:

I'm staying off Lake Co pages until the semi final game happens. Lake Co fans are so jealous of the Mustangs its almost silly. Keep taking care of business Falcons need yall undefeated with #1 state ranking when you roll into town in 2 months 

The jealous is the other way around. LC pops up in every Huntingdon thread and the funny think is nobody from LC starts it. Makes one think. Stangs better worry about Milan because they are the only team the Mustangs play with a heart beat.

20 minutes ago, footballover said:

I'm staying off Lake Co pages until the semi final game happens. Lake Co fans are so jealous of the Mustangs its almost silly. Keep taking care of business Falcons need yall undefeated with #1 state ranking when you roll into town in 2 months 

LOL everyone needs humor man...this brightened my day! Thanks again 

12 minutes ago, JoeBlow777 said:

Im not going to say how much Covington would beat Huntington by, because there are a lot of things that go into a final score, but I will say that I have seen both teams play this year in REAL games and Covington is by far the better team. I am completely unbiased, and quite frankly would love to see a team run with Covington, but I am telling you there isn't one in West Tennessee. Now I haven't seen the larger schools in Memphis play, but in rural West Tennessee there is Covington, and then there is everyone else.

Covington is right there on the same level as Alcoa. I know they haven't beaten Alcoa, and they may not ever beat them, but they have given Alcoa everything they want these past two years, and Alcoa is one of the best teams in the southeast. 

2004 2a championship game still one of top 2a championship games ever played. Alcoa had to come behind to beat us 52-41 on Randall Cobbs kick-off return for a touchdiwn

8 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

The jealous is the other way around. LC pops up in every Huntingdon thread and the funny think is nobody from LC starts it. Makes one think. Stangs better worry about Milan because they are the only team the Mustangs play with a heart beat.

Come on ya'll are just as bad as we are. We are both very passionate about our programs. It's like somebody talking bout your kid. As far as Milan goes I am worried about them. If they play one great game a year it will be against us. Heck I would worry if we were playing Clarksburg!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No the team that pops up is the team that Huntingdon will face in the playoffs. That's the expectation every year in Huntingdon to play for a state championship. Have they fallen short the past several years? ABSOLUTELY. Look at the team that has eliminated Huntingdon the past several years and they either win or play for a state championship. It's been Cornersville the past 2 years. Lake Co you are just in the way this year. Will take care of yall when the time comes

1 hour ago, footballover said:

No the team that pops up is the team that Huntingdon will face in the playoffs. That's the expectation every year in Huntingdon to play for a state championship. Have they fallen short the past several years? ABSOLUTELY. Look at the team that has eliminated Huntingdon the past several years and they either win or play for a state championship. It's been Cornersville the past 2 years. Lake Co you are just in the way this year. Will take care of yall when the time comes

Good luck with that. Now get back to playing the sisters of the blind after the Milan game. 

6 hours ago, footballover said:

100% false. Huntingdon has given Covington all it wanted the past 3 years in scrimmages. 2 best players did not play or were very limited. Covington might win but they are not 3 or 4 TDs better than Huntingdon. 7 points either way

Do we know if all the Cov players played?So who knows.I know their star running back jas been out.

11 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

2004 2a championship game still one of top 2a championship games ever played. Alcoa had to come behind to beat us 52-41 on Randall Cobbs kick-off return for a touchdiwn

Starting in 03 for a few years Milan and Huntingdung had some battles in the semis to see who would go to the ship. Those were some great years in this rivalry. You guys got the better end of the deal most of the time. But we did get one in the qtr final game of ‘98. Great memories of those years.