Week 6: Upperman @ Oneida

crow

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Most never heard of Oneida??Most may have never BEEN to Oneida but most have def heard of Oneida im sure.Regardless one of MY favorite football places on earth other than my home field at Greenback.You will enjoy the atmosphere and the folks are great.Only place you will see a log cabin press box.LOL!Dont you dare mind the wierd looking feller playing the banjo on the front porch that will be old Omaha practicing for another All State comercial with Brad Paisley.And that wierd sound in the background is just a fellow canoe'r squealing like a pig :lol:.You will enjoy the reservation its a great football venue!

Man I’m so glad we get to welcome some people to the Reservation that has never been here before. Now I am a pretty good picker and have been trying my best to get Mr. Paisley to let me go on tour with him but nothing promising yet. Ole Crow will be around to mainly welcome everyone to the Reservation and to the ones that never even “heard” of Oneida. Well I can promise you that after Friday night you may have “heard” more than you wanna hear. :roflol:I’m looking forward to this matchup and hope that the Bees bring a big crowd and a lot of you fellers on here make the trip as well. 

Edited by OmahaOmaha

1 hour ago, OmahaOmaha said:

Man I’m so glad we get to welcome some people to the Reservation that has never been here before. Now I am a pretty good picker and have been trying my best to get Mr. Paisley to let me go on tour with him but nothing promising yet. Ole Crow will be around to mainly welcome everyone to the Reservation and to the ones that never even “heard” of Oneida. Well I can promise you that after Friday night you may have “heard” more than you wanna hear. :roflol:I’m looking forward to this matchup and hope that the Bees bring a big crowd and a lot of you fellers on here make the trip as well. 

Perhaps I was misunderstood, everyone has “heard” of Oneida and are aware that they have a great program. They have just never been there and know it’s a long drive from here. That being said, so is Grundy and they head there in droves every two years and it’s not a fun drive either. 

6 minutes ago, Goldeaglefan said:

Perhaps I was misunderstood, everyone has “heard” of Oneida and are aware that they have a great program. They have just never been there and know it’s a long drive from here. That being said, so is Grundy and they head there in droves every two years and it’s not a fun drive either. 

I kind of figured that's what you meant! You will enjoy it there great place to watch football!

16 minutes ago, Goldeaglefan said:

We just like givin people a hard time. I sure hope that the ones that make the trip enjoy the time up here. It’s gonna be a great night for football and a playoff atmosphere. 

Upperman is very young. Some of their top kids are #4, #8 and #34.....all sophomores. #79 and #77 are big OL/DL and # 5 is a great athlete. If it's a 3 yards and a cloud of dust type game, Oneida has a good chance. If it's a 21 point or more semi shootout, Upperman advantage. UHS DB's are just average, but there DL is great at rushing the QB, causing havoc. Oneida does want to try and pass to often if they want to win in my opinion. 

23 hours ago, crow said:

Not gonna come at ya, you may be right. Like I said earlier don't really know much about them bees. Them bees don't know much about us. Gonna be interesting. Role call, how many upperman folks are making the trip. May put together a meet and greet before kickoff if interested, put some faces with names. 

I spent several good years in Oneida and have been to the Reservation more times than I can count.  Heard the funniest thing ever at a football game there.  I was hanging out with the railbirds, you know the guys that help with the coaching and officiating, just generally giving whatever input is needed, lol.  One game, there was a guy there that wasn't a local, but he was hilarious. One of the regulars yelled out, "If you're scared, you're gonna get hurt".  Without missing a beat, this guy follows up with, "Yeah, that's what my wife said".  He was tearing those kind of quotes off all night.  Gonna meet up with some friends before the game and then see if the roll call is the same at the rail.  Let me know if there's a meet and greet and I might wander over.  I'm thinking we may already know each other.

2 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

I spent several good years in Oneida and have been to the Reservation more times than I can count.  Heard the funniest thing ever at a football game there.  I was hanging out with the railbirds, you know the guys that help with the coaching and officiating, just generally giving whatever input is needed, lol.  One game, there was a guy there that wasn't a local, but he was hilarious. One of the regulars yelled out, "If you're scared, you're gonna get hurt".  Without missing a beat, this guy follows up with, "Yeah, that's what my wife said".  He was tearing those kind of quotes off all night.  Gonna meet up with some friends before the game and then see if the roll call is the same at the rail.  Let me know if there's a meet and greet and I might wander over.  I'm thinking we may already know each other.

I'm no mystery, I have a screen name but never been much good at hiding behind it. Probably because it's my lifelong nick name lol. I'm Daniel Crowley my Stepson played qb 05 through 08, I was volunteer medical / trainer for around 7 years. If you've been around 05 to present I'm sure we likely do know each other. We'll definitely meet up before the game. Probably something like 15 or 20 minutes before kickoff. Usually around the concessions stand.