Tyner visits Alcoa

Ram4Life

@Turu Fairley is going to be just as good next yr and so will the Tide. Waverly should be pretty good and they are going to be really good in two yrs. I’m sure UC will be very strong in the coming up yrs also. Scott’s Hill May also shock some folks. Lewis county is always tough. What is the mess your talking about the East dominating the west after this yr.

6 hours ago, Turu said:

+1. Peabody May be best team in AA but I believe Tyner, Meigs, Trousdale and Watertown would beat down the next from West. And yes I’ve watched highlights as much as possible on Forrest,  Fairley and any others mentioned. 

Our record our last two years in the East Division was 22-4. We beat Watertown 2x, Tyner, and Meigs in 2016. Marion County was the only East team beat down both years.

Our record our first two years in the West was 9-13.  If given the choice I would choose the east all day long to play in. No comparison in 2A football. Since Marion declined the east is weaker. Tyner would struggle to make the playoffs in Region 7. 

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

Our record our last two years in the East Division was 22-4. We beat Watertown 2x, Tyner, and Meigs in 2016. Marion County was the only East team beat down both years.

Our record our first two years in the West was 9-13.  If given the choice I would choose the east all day long to play in. No comparison in 2A football. Since Marion declined the east is weaker. Tyner would struggle to make the playoffs in Region 7. 

Tyner would be 2nd to Peabody you think this year in region 7? 

22 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Tyner would be 2nd to Peabody you think this year in region 7? 

Gibson Co fans could debate that. Did I stir a pot, too? :lol:

As mentioned on other posts Tyner has been ranked higher than many objective fans say they deserve. Again not an insult but an observation. 

In 2016, they had tons of hype and were knocked out in Round 2. In 2017 they got hot at the end of the season and went on a run. They were a score better than Watertown, Marion Co was way down, and Meigs lost their MVP in the playoffs so they had an easier run to Cookeville. In 2018 they played one of the easier schedules in 2A and got smoked by TC in Round 2. This year's team has been ranked at the top of 2A even after a bad loss to Howard Tech. BTW, how are they named Tyner Academy and not grouped in D2?

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

As mentioned on other posts Tyner has been ranked higher than many objective fans say they deserve. Again not an insult but an observation. 

In 2016, they had tons of hype and were knocked out in Round 2. In 2017 they got hot at the end of the season and went on a run. They were a score better than Watertown, Marion Co was way down, and Meigs lost their MVP in the playoffs so they had an easier run to Cookeville. In 2018 they played one of the easier schedules in 2A and got smoked by TC in Round 2. This year's team has been ranked at the top of 2A even after a bad loss to Howard Tech. BTW, how are they named Tyner Academy and not grouped in D2?

I think you got "Tyner" on the brain!! You need to check your facts. In 2016 we were not a "hyped' team. (Unless you call 4-6 record hyped). And by the way, as much as you mention our name we really appreciate the hype that you give us ( lol). In 2016 y'all beat us on a tipped pass and only beat Meigs by 3. Hey, that's what you call football. So give us the same respect when you talk about our 2017 run to Cookeville. We couldn't help what happened to the other teams along the way...we just played the team that was in front of us!! You need to speak more facts instead of fiction.

You don't have to be a private school to be named "Academy". It's the way the academics are set up. Do some research if that interests you!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Salem said:

Asking you a question wouldn't be what I would call stirring a pot bud. I've heard nearly everyone on your side of the state says region 7 was down this year. Just thought I'd ask you if they would be 2nd to Peabody in that region. Guess you cant get past the previous post to have a conversation about it. But by all means stir away. 

27 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Asking you a question wouldn't be what I would call stirring a pot bud. I've heard nearly everyone on your side of the state says region 7 was down this year. Just thought I'd ask you if they would be 2nd to Peabody in that region. Guess you cant get past the previous post to have a conversation about it. But by all means stir away. 

Question was answered, no, I don't think Tyner would beat Gibson County this year. I was going along with your popcorn/ lol thread earlier and getting the east stirred up. Not sure how anyone but a Tyner fan in denial would take offense to what was posted.  I can have football conversations all day long. One could argue Regions 5, 6, and 7 are all down from 2018 due to losing some privates and having some exceptional senior classes leave. That being said there are still some quality teams that can give anyone in the east a run. 

The original pot stirrer stated 4 teams in the east would beat down all but one west 2A team. That was an absurd statement. 

1. He's basically saying we could curb stomp anyone from the other side of the state except the team we are most likely to play. That's convenient. 

2. Where did 4 teams come from? What has Tyner done to be grouped with Meigs, TC, or Watertown in the previous two seasons? 

My observation from the previous 4 years (2 in the east and 2 in the west) is the west has much more 2A competition. We went from back to back region champs in the east ('15 and '16) to back to back 4th place, barely qualifying for the playoffs in the west ('17 and '18). There was no drop off in talent. We were 13-1 in east region play and 6-6 in the easy west region. 

In 2017 Forrest blew a 7-0 lead at  Watertown in the closing seconds to lose 8-7. We were a 4-7 team that played horrible that season especially that game. That same team gave up 63 to Waverly in the playoffs and the eventual East champion Tyner barely beat that Watertown team in the playoffs at home (33-22). How many East champs in 2A have there been in the last 5-6 seasons? 

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

Question was answered, no, I don't think Tyner would beat Gibson County this year. I was going along with your popcorn/ lol thread earlier and getting the east stirred up. Not sure how anyone but a Tyner fan in denial would take offense to what was posted.  I can have football conversations all day long. One could argue Regions 5, 6, and 7 are all down from 2018 due to losing some privates and having some exceptional senior classes leave. That being said there are still some quality teams that can give anyone in the east a run. 

The original pot stirrer stated 4 teams in the east would beat down all but one west 2A team. That was an absurd statement. 

1. He's basically saying we could curb stomp anyone from the other side of the state except the team we are most likely to play. That's convenient. 

2. Where did 4 teams come from? What has Tyner done to be grouped with Meigs, TC, or Watertown in the previous two seasons? 

My observation from the previous 4 years (2 in the east and 2 in the west) is the west has much more 2A competition. We went from back to back region champs in the east ('15 and '16) to back to back 4th place, barely qualifying for the playoffs in the west ('17 and '18). There was no drop off in talent. We were 13-1 in east region play and 6-6 in the easy west region. 

In 2017 Forrest blew a 7-0 lead at  Watertown in the closing seconds to lose 8-7. We were a 4-7 team that played horrible that season especially that game. That same team gave up 63 to Waverly in the playoffs and the eventual East champion Tyner barely beat that Watertown team in the playoffs at home (33-22). How many East champs in 2A have there been in the last 5-6 seasons? 

I threw the popcorn up there because I know how people react to posts like that. Appreciate your reply although I didnt realize a couple folks your way had such thin skin over a :popcorneater: <==== symbol. 

• Like 1