Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

What a game SP! Defense played outstanding offense was clicking SP played an all around great ballgame tonight.    I'm not using it as an excuse but that was horrible officiating tonight several blatant holds,horse collar, clearly not a fumble by 4 and 51 should have been ejected!  Swafford is a very good ball player but he didn't like what the pirates had to offer tonight.  Sp won all phases of the game. The refs kept that game a little closer than it could have been.  

21 minutes ago, Spfan2011 said:

About like frames fumble wasn't a fumble and the dead ball offsetting personal fouls should have brought the ball back but didn't, do I need to mention the right tackle holding all night? Meigs got it handed to them. Sp made several mistakes but younger QBs do. Extremely proud of the boy's. They played ball smacked Meigs in the mouth and Meigs just could not over come it. One of the last drives Meigs had, their qb scrambled and he got up and shock his head like dang I'm playing big boy ball now. 

That’s just plain stupid. Two very good ball teams played tonight and if they played 5 times a different team could win very time. SP was just the bitter team tonight plane and simple. This game will help both teams come playoff time.

3 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Yes great game at SP. fantastic team. How do you know that’s why he was shaking his head? Honest question, just wondering. 

Playing 4 qtrs both ways and getting hit all night absolutely took its toll on him. That’s not a knock at the young man either, anyone playing that much is going to get beat on. He had some good runs but for the most part I believe SP defense kept him in check tonight!

Good game for both teams! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

That’s just plain stupid. Two very good ball teams played tonight and if they played 5 times a different team could win very time. SP was just the bitter team tonight plane and simple. This game will help both teams come playoff time.

Your right about helping both teams. I'm not so sure about the other though.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

There is not much difference between one A and two A. Surely you can say something better than that!

Meigs is a great 2A school that is twice the size of SP with a STUD at QB.. Huge difference in depth typically and even with SP having abnormal depth we were down to our 4th & 5th defensive tackles because our guys couldn’t stop cramping. Meigs dwarfed us up front and still got out hit all night by a much smaller team. Even with houdini at QB Meigs couldn’t get it going because our defense was swarming all over him. Their big offensive line was holding so bad our defensive end #24 had to switch jerseys because it was ripped off of him. Both scoring drives Meigs had SP gift wraps them 2-15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties on them.  Last drive we just played power football and crammed it down their mouth. SP was clearly the better team and “should” be the team to beat in the east in 1A. Is that better???

4 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

Meigs is a great 2A school that is twice the size of SP with a STUD at QB.. Huge difference in depth typically and even with SP having abnormal depth we were down to our 4th & 5th defensive tackles because our guys couldn’t stop cramping. Meigs dwarfed us up front and still got out hit all night by a much smaller team. Even with houdini at QB Meigs couldn’t get it going because our defense was swarming all over him. Their big offensive line was holding so bad our defensive end #24 had to switch jerseys because it was ripped off of him. Both scoring drives Meigs had SP gift wraps them 2-15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties on them.  Last drive we just played power football and crammed it down their mouth. SP was clearly the better team and “should” be the team to beat in the east in 1A. Is that better???

+1

9 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

This game will definitely help both teams but meigs got whipped up front all night that game could have easily been worse than what it was. Played 5 times I like the pirates chances in all 5!

21 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Playing 4 qtrs both ways and getting hit all night absolutely took its toll on him. That’s not a knock at the young man either, anyone playing that much is going to get beat on. He had some good runs but for the most part I believe SP defense kept him in check tonight!

Good game for both teams! 

Yes I agree. Much respect. Hope Fitzgerald and Grider continue to schedule each other after next year. 

• Upvote 1

Congrats to SP on a good game.  Meigs needs to rebound with attitude.  Some of the players need to get tougher. Best ability is availability. If you can’t play you can’t help. No excuses. Get better. 4th and 2 is gut check. SP made the play. Nice crowd and for the most part people were polite. Ready for Oneida.