Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

5 minutes ago, rlh said:

You probably should take your rose colored glasses off yourself.  Meigs' OL got handled.  Plus, if you want to talk out about possessions, Meigs got a gift on a non fumble that stopped a scoring drive.  That was a ~14 point swing when Meigs cut the lead to 13 - 8.  Meigs' other backs didn't do so hot. 

I’ve watched the game and the play multiple times... it was a fumble. Other posters have stated the same. My point was that SP in no way mopped the floor with them. It was a good game and was even fun to watch 3 days later sitting on the couch. Was also fun predicting what play was about to be run too.

8 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I’ve watched the game and the play multiple times... it was a fumble. Other posters have stated the same. My point was that SP in no way mopped the floor with them. It was a good game and was even fun to watch 3 days later sitting on the couch. Was also fun predicting what play was about to be run too.

Let me ask you a question. Is you a assistant orchestrater? Figure you better be orchestrating for next year instead of watching Griders film.  You think im joking but im not. 

8 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Frame did fumble. Our Lines whooped theirs the majority of the time. Should be a fun game after Thanksgiving. This is the first time in the last few years that I have thought we have a chance to win the game. The game at our place 3 years ago y'all were head and shoulders better. The game at yalls Place 2 years ago y'all were head and shoulders better. This year is as even as the teams have been.

3 minutes ago, powerp said:

Frame did fumble. Our Lines whooped theirs the majority of the time. Should be a fun game after Thanksgiving. This is the first time in the last few years that I have thought we have a chance to win the game. The game at our place 3 years ago y'all were head and shoulders better. The game at yalls Place 2 years ago y'all were head and shoulders better. This year is as even as the teams have been.

The game 2 years ago could have easily been a W for SP if Grider wouldn’t have went away from Raulston. As for this year, SP looks to be slightly better than GB at this point. Depends which GB defense shows up. 

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

The game 2 years ago could have easily been a W for SP if Grider wouldn’t have went away from Raulston. As for this year, SP looks to be slightly better than GB at this point. Depends which GB defense shows up. 

Let me ask you a question.  Is you a assistant to the assistant orchestrater? RD has been asking several times if the Garland boy will be the passer next year or of the orchestraters will move on another passer? 

5 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

All the people on here saying SP completely wiped the field with MC... SMH! Rose colored glasses huh? 1 possession game in the 4th quarter. 40 yard difference between the teams in total yardage. Only thing, is MC didn’t convert and catch passes when they needed to. And what in the name of football was MC doing on defense? A huge gap left open in B-C gap all night long. SP had 2 lead blockers and ball carrier running through that gap without being touched. Terrible scheming on the defensive side. As for the offensive side, y’all can say whatever you want but Swafford wasn’t Swafford Friday night. However, we didn’t see that Meadows kid playing like that. He turned it up a notch. SP defense is fast, physical, and relentless. But they didn’t see the Swafford we saw. The first down run while being stopped 5 years in the backfield and still breaking it for 20+, that’s the #19 we saw all night. All that said, SP is still ranked #1 for a reason. We’ve both got a ways to go before then but if the time comes, we’ll square off and see if we can land some haymakers. 

Now here is a GB feller saying something that SP fellers knowds to be true. Swafford was a different player at the Speedway Pit, cause his face mask was usually in the dirt or faced towards the moonless sky. He sure wasn’t looking at Orange & Black would tacklers in hot pursuit for long runs. The longest run was running on & off the field or saving a long TD run by the Pirates. Yep, Recon So. LOPAO 

26 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Now here is a GB feller saying something that SP fellers knowds to be true. Swafford was a different player at the Speedway Pit, cause his face mask was usually in the dirt or faced towards the moonless sky. He sure wasn’t looking at Orange & Black would tacklers in hot pursuit for long runs. The longest run was running on & off the field or saving a long TD run by the Pirates. Yep, Recon So. LOPAO 

Just cancel the season and give south Pitt the gold ball right now . There world beaters and no one can touch them. 

34 minutes ago, muskox said:

Just cancel the season and give south Pitt the gold ball right now . There world beaters and no one can touch them. 

Old Pirate says, No not world beaters, jest a group of kids where the vast majority has been playing together since grade school & junior high. Not an orchestrated 1 year quick fix to be competitive. 

25 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, No not world beaters, jest a group of kids where the vast majority has been playing together since grade school & junior high. Not an orchestrated 1 year quick fix to be competitive. 

Ouch

It sounds like several fans have the Pirates figured out.  I personally liked it when SP lined up and basically said here we come right here.. stop it. Old school SP style right there. I personally have a lot of respect for the Greenback program. I don’t have so much for the way they assembled a team this year but that’s beside the point. They are a traditionally tough team. SP and Greenback will play this year and it should be a great ball game. Both have really good teams. 

17 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Ouch

It sounds like several fans have the Pirates figured out.  I personally liked it when SP lined up and basically said here we come right here.. stop it. Old school SP style right there. I personally have a lot of respect for the Greenback program. I don’t have so much for the way they assembled a team this year but that’s beside the point. They are a traditionally tough team. SP and Greenback will play this year and it should be a great ball game. Both have really good teams. 

You are listening to the wrong ones if you believe that garbage. It’s not true!

Okay okay, so we may have had some tendencies during the game.  That is a testament to great coach’s preparation during the week.  I’d be willing to bet we haven’t lined up with those tendencies all season long or Meigs would have been prepared for it.  This is why you make adjustments week to week to help you win.  Without watching it on film, it obviously was hard to detect “during” the game.  No offense GB guys, but that glaring hole in what you call the B-C gap, everyone seen it was a “glaring hole”.  There wasn’t anything secret about it.  Again, testament to great preparation by the coaches and players from SP.  Most 1A teams run maybe 5-6 base plays most of the game with just a few adjustments in formation here and there.  Again no secret.  It’s just like I can say that GB’s QB is a pocket passer and doesn’t scramble near as good as Swafford.  It’s a glaring observation.  Also, either Meigs sent them the video, or someone recorded it secretly from Meigs stands.  Either way, watch all you want.  One thing about SP that’s no secret and is glaring is by the end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th quarter you better not have your hands on your hips or knees because we will bring in fresh legs and run it over you.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

All the people on here saying SP completely wiped the field with MC... SMH! Rose colored glasses huh? 1 possession game in the 4th quarter. 40 yard difference between the teams in total yardage. Only thing, is MC didn’t convert and catch passes when they needed to. And what in the name of football was MC doing on defense? A huge gap left open in B-C gap all night long. SP had 2 lead blockers and ball carrier running through that gap without being touched. Terrible scheming on the defensive side. As for the offensive side, y’all can say whatever you want but Swafford wasn’t Swafford Friday night. However, we didn’t see that Meadows kid playing like that. He turned it up a notch. SP defense is fast, physical, and relentless. But they didn’t see the Swafford we saw. The first down run while being stopped 5 years in the backfield and still breaking it for 20+, that’s the #19 we saw all night. All that said, SP is still ranked #1 for a reason. We’ve both got a ways to go before then but if the time comes, we’ll square off and see if we can land some haymakers. 

I've recorded it bit mine is still in raw form not a movie form yet. Should be ready for me tomorrow. No one has seen mine but my kids.