Heritage high school

Distressedfan

On 10/24/2019 at 11:44 AM, 32hammer said:

I think Greenback is the perfect model for how to make this work.  Kids flocking there and Loudon county has to restrict students from other counties, including Blount county which actually has kids with Greenback addresses inside the blount county line, from attending.

If Loudon County removes that restriction about 10-12 more football players from south Blount  would be transferring to GB every year. that's about an additional 40 FB players on a 1A football team

We are the 14th smallest school in the state to play football as of 2017 we have recently graduated some of the largest classes in the history of Greenback.  I think we are back down to 200 students which would put us in the bottom 10. We crushed Lenoir Cith 40 plus points in the 1st half which has over 1000 more student than we have. The fact that Heritage might not beat them is a joke. Heritage has the boys walking the halls to be good. They just need a coach that can get them on the field. And probably most important parents to support their boys playing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

You just keep getting darker and darker 91 . We used to be able to cut up with you but you have let anger and resentment change you totally . Not everyone from Maryville and Alcoa hates you or your school . Actually no one I know does . I do miss the old 91 that had a sense of humor 

Who said anything about hate? I'm just stating facts. Let me put it this way; as a Tennessee fan, I wish Clemson wasn't doing so well. Why? Because they are in direct competition with us for recruits. They are coming into places where we recruit and getting players that might come to UT otherwise. Does that mean I hate Dabo Swinney or Clemson? No.

And I'll admit it irks me when this talking point comes up because it is past worn out. We have people saying that the county school programs are dead in the water and the only solution is to go back to small community schools.

WB and Heritage are not in the same situation. WB has been competitive in most games this season and still has a shot to make the playoffs. Also, the student section was packed out to cheer on the team in the pouring rain last night. Maybe I'm crazy, but that sure seems like community support to me.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

5 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

And I'll admit it irks me when this talking point comes up because it is past worn out. We have people saying that the county school programs are dead in the water and the only solution is to go back to small community schools.

WB and Heritage are not in the same situation. WB has been competitive in most games this season and still has a shot to make the playoffs. Also, the student section was packed out to cheer on the team in the pouring rain last night. Maybe I'm crazy, but that sure seems like community support to me.

91 no one hates WB and that is a fact from all the people that are from Maryville that are on here. You may not know this but the other night when they announced WB was ahead of Cleveland at the Maryville game there was a lot of applause from the crowd and I know all those people were hoping you all could pull it out. A lot of us get frustrated with Shad because of things we aren't normally used to and some of his coaching methods. Sometimes you have to have tough skin when heated debates pop up on here. I myself can get caught up in the moment and pop off with things I really shouldn't of said but I do want the county schools to be competitive and just want to shake some sense into some of the leaders that are hurting those programs. Your young and missed out on some of those things a some of us got the opportunity to live through when we had all those small schools and each community was very close and could keep a watchful eye out on it's own. At the time when all these schools were put together no one then could imagine all the problems that would come of it down the road especially in the football programs and the records speak for themselves. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

91 no one hates WB and that is a fact from all the people that are from Maryville that are on here. You may not know this but the other night when they announced WB was ahead of Cleveland at the Maryville game there was a lot of applause from the crowd and I know all those people were hoping you all could pull it out. A lot of us get frustrated with Shad because of things we aren't normally used to and some of his coaching methods. Sometimes you have to have tough skin when heated debates pop up on here. I myself can get caught up in the moment and pop off with things I really shouldn't of said but I do want the county schools to be competitive and just want to shake some sense into some of the leaders that are hurting those programs. Your young and missed out on some of those things a some of us got the opportunity to live through when we had all those small schools and each community was very close and could keep a watchful eye out on it's own. At the time when all these schools were put together no one then could imagine all the problems that would come of it down the road especially in the football programs and the records speak for themselves. 

great post Barn. lots of folks knew consolidation would be a problem, but no one listened because some people were more interested in making money than the future of BC kids. 

All of the parents that were former H/WB students taking their kids to different schools is evidence of unfavorable experience and still lingering resentment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 32hammer said:

great post Barn. lots of folks knew consolidation would be a problem, but no one listened because some people were more interested in making money than the future of BC kids. 

All of the parents that were former H/WB students taking their kids to different schools is evidence of unfavorable experience and still lingering resentment. 

:thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

I want to know who thought going from Eagles, Falcons and Bulldogs to govenors was a good idea?

At the time I sure know I thought it was stupid but I was a lot younger then. Now since I'm older I can't remember seeing an Eagle at Lanier, a Falcon at Friendsville, an Indian at Walland, a Panther at Porter or a Tiger at Townsend. I do remember seeing a Bulldog at Everett though and know how they got their name back in the twenties when one of the players would bring his bulldog to practice so they changed the name from the Fighting Farmers to Bulldogs, true story.