Heritage high school

Distressedfan

6 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I think a 1983 starter's son was the first WB legacy to play at MHS.  (I won't put names on here, because they stay on the interwebz 4 ever) 

Could have been. That sounds about right. But there were several before that chose to go to Maryville, Greenback and Vonore rather than go to WB in the first few years it opened. WB could have really used Buster that 1st year. My cousin was All County for Maryville in 88 and lived deep south BC.  I think that class had about three or four that had county parents that decided to not go to WB

13 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

WBs best player in 1983-1984 sent his son to Alcoa . Kid was Allstate and played at UK. 1985 WB's starting RB and possibly best LB ever sent their kids to Maryville along with LBs nephews. 1986 WBs best Player sent his son to Alcoa, he was all state and plays in college. 1987 WB's starting and backup QBs sent their sons to Maryville. Safety/RB sent two sons to Maryville, I think both were all state safeties. WR/S 's son kicker for Maryville. WBs starting RB in 87 sent his kid to a different school. WB 88's best lineman sends his kids to Maryville.  Another All County Player from WB 87 sent his kids to city school.

In 2014 All three fathers of Maryville's 1st , 2nd and 3rd string QBs played football at WB in the 80s .

1993 WB had one of the most gifted linemen ever, Legit 450 bench in Hs and could move. He sent his kids to Alcoa.

That's just off the top of my head.

That many high quality individuals over that many years, making the same decision says a lot.

Fields all state LBr son at Greenback.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Fields all state LBr son at Greenback.

Great kid as well. But didn't a poster say a small community school couldn't compete for players? LOL

You guys got a couple of Jewels in Fields and Rutergson . I've coached/trained  them both.  One could be All state this year and one could be All state next year. Love bragging on those two young men, but I'll try to contain myself. lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

WBs best player in 1983-1984 sent his son to Alcoa . Kid was Allstate and played at UK. 1985 WB's starting RB and possibly best LB ever sent their kids to Maryville along with LBs nephews. 1986 WBs best Player sent his son to Alcoa, he was all state and plays in college. 1987 WB's starting and backup QBs sent their sons to Maryville. Safety/RB sent two sons to Maryville, I think both were all state safeties. WR/S 's son kicker for Maryville. WBs starting RB in 87 sent his kid to a different school. WB 88's best lineman sends his kids to Maryville.  Another All County Player from WB 87 sent his kids to city school.

In 2014 All three fathers of Maryville's 1st , 2nd and 3rd string QBs played football at WB in the 80s .

1993 WB had one of the most gifted linemen ever, Legit 450 bench in Hs and could move. He sent his kids to Alcoa.

That's just off the top of my head.

That many high quality individuals over that many years, making the same decision says a lot.

The coaching at the Alcoa and Maryville are head and shoulders better. The staff there know what they are talking about and put their teams in position to win year after year. If you want to argue about that, let’s count rings. I saw Coach Quarles bring home rings with teams that probably weren’t any more talented player by player than any of the other schools around. He knew what to do with the talent he had, how to motivate them, and how to succeed. I can’t say for Heritage because I have not followed them or watched them play in over a decade. However, I have seen William Blount on multiple occasions. The Govs have had talent, there just has not been anyone there to man the helm. I’m sure someone is going to be mad about me saying that, but you can’t have talent and be in the Mecca for Tn high school football and lose that consistently. Either there is a disconnect between the head coach and the players or there is no leadership or guidance and no one to put the kids in position to succeed. That’s why students leave WB for Alcoa and Maryville, along with other schools around the area. There are better facilities with better coaches and a greater chance to succeed right across the street. The kids don’t play football for a jacket or to be cool. The ones that do have no problem playing for teams that lose. However, the kids that are good do care about winning and they care about their future prospects of continuing to play. As I said, I can’t speak for Heritage, but after watching WB, it’s painfully obvious why a talented player would transfer.

BTW, I have no affiliation with ANY of the teams mentioned. Just stating the obvious. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HHSFB10 said:

You don't believe fund 77 is fair, I don't believe its fair the city of Maryville is allowed to annex all the way up to within 1/4 mile of Heritage, or along the entire route of the proposed parkway extension to expand its tax base.  

Tha anneckshun iz onlee tha rode......Duz knott affect enny rezzydents......Onlee thay haiv knew pavemint and citty of Mairvul takes cair ov tha rode now.....And thait rode iz a lott nicer now.....

And no hit's not fare....All tacks munny shood bee diss-tree-buted eqwully......orr if Blunt Cownty waints two bee fare.....Give all Alcoee and Mairvul rezzydents tha purcentige thait thay put inn fund 77 baick on our cownty tackus.....Now thait wood bee fare cents thay aint sharin'......:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I went to a Heritage game a few years back and I was looking at the game program I bought and they have pictures with the seniors with their parents and I was shocked to see a former Maryville captain of the 1978 Championship team with a kid playing for Heritage. Goes to show you it's just not Maryville that gets former county kids offspring, it's works the other way also. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Could have been. That sounds about right. But there were several before that chose to go to Maryville, Greenback and Vonore rather than go to WB in the first few years it opened. WB could have really used Buster that 1st year. My cousin was All County for Maryville in 88 and lived deep south BC.  I think that class had about three or four that had county parents that decided to not go to WB

Yeah, but I'm talking about a kid who's dad played football at WB. 1979 would be the earliest DOB. He is the first one that I know of. His son played in the Early 2000's. I can't recall any before him. Most would come later.