Heritage high school

Distressedfan

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I can't speak directly to the issue(s) with BCS, but every time consolidation is discussed, cost-savings are always mentioned in the same breath. And rightly so, in theory. But if you have a school system that is completely mismanaged, and like HTV has mentioned, you have unchecked administrative/top-heavy spending, then all bets are off.

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

And the way it is now is working well, then?

Why try to compete with something you can't complete with?  

The definition of insanity is to continue to do the same failing things and expecting different results. 

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No, small community schools were fun and competitive until some Einstein came along with a brilliant idea and put them together. You'll still be talking about the 2007 WB team in 2037 to your grandkids.

The conolidation of the schools was one of the worst decisions Blount county ever made and no one will ever convince me that it was little more than a way to put money in certain peoples pockets.

Look at he people that made money off of building the schools. Look at the people that voted for it. When the Bell cow for consolidating the schools own grandkids don't go to one of the huge schools, that's is pretty strong evidence that even they knew it was a poor decision. A logical person would want their children and grandchildren to attend one of the great institutions of higher learning they helped create.

Apparently they thought it was what was best for every child in the county except their own family.

"Lets ship kids 16 miles from home for their own good, but our own family deserves better." -Person that voted for Consolidation

25 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

The conolidation of the schools was one of the worst decisions Blount county ever made and no one will ever convince me that it was little more than a way to put money in certain peoples pockets.

I think my neighbor made the bricks for WB. 

Edited by Red Rebels

1 hour ago, HTV said:

And the way it is now is working well, then?

Why try to compete with something you can't complete with?  

The definition of insanity is to continue to do the same failing things and expecting different results. 

Again, if the county can't adequately support two programs, how are they going to support four or more? What we need is for the county to do a better job of supporting the schools we have so we can be more competitive. The new field houses and school renovations would be a good start.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Look at he people that made money off of building the schools. Look at the people that voted for it. When the Bell cow for consolidating the schools own grandkids don't go to one of the huge schools, that's is pretty strong evidence that even they knew it was a poor decision. A logical person would want their children and grandchildren to attend one of the great institutions of higher learning they helped create.

Apparently they thought it was what was best for every child in the county except their own family.

"Lets ship kids 16 miles from home for their own good, but our own family deserves better." -Person that voted for Consolidation

Sort of like the ones today who put their kids in other schools for sports and wonder why WB and Heritage struggle. lol

7 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Again, if the county can't adequately support two programs, how are they going to support four or more? What we need is for the county to do a better job of supporting the schools we have so we can be more competitive. The new field houses and school renovations would be a good start.

Field houses aren't a function of school budgets.  Those are built by and large by money raised by booster clubs.  Taxpayers shouldn't fund those.  

An in this day and time, new facilities can be built for the same money, and sometimes less money, than can renovations be done.  No reason to throw new money after something that is already outdated when it can be built from scratch and built better.  

19 minutes ago, HTV said:

Field houses aren't a function of school budgets.  Those are built by and large by money raised by booster clubs.  Taxpayers shouldn't fund those.  

An in this day and time, new facilities can be built for the same money, and sometimes less money, than can renovations be done.  No reason to throw new money after something that is already outdated when it can be built from scratch and built better.  

So if we build new schools where is the money for new football facilities going to come from? Tax payers shouldn't have to pay for them after all.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

14 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

So if we build new schools where is the money for new football facilities going to come from? Tax payers shouldn't have to pay for them after all.

Football stadiums are used by more than just football teams in this day and time.  Football, soccer both boys and girls, lacrosse, band, and other groups use them.  A basic stadium should be provided.  

But the field houses for individual sports aren't a necessity. They are luxaries that aren't essential for sports to be played.  Those should be up to the booster clubs and communities to decide if they are necessary or not.  

A lott ov goodur points haiv ben brawt upp.....Tha solewshun iz simpull inn my opinyun.....Lett tha cownty tacks payers pay whut tha citty tacks payurs pays and tha cood haiv lotts bettur skools, feeleds, and feeled houses.......Momma stroked a check two Scott Graves att Blunt Cownty a cupple weaks ago and tha rasculls ere steel knott sharin' eqwully wif tha citty skools.....We cawl hit tacksashun wifout representashun inn thes parts....<_<