Heritage high school

Distressedfan

33 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

And moving money for capital gains isn't rocket science either. If you don't like it, get out and vote for someone who will change the law. 

Ain't no way eye waint two chainge hit now.....Eye waint two hep tha pore littull cownty kids, evun if tha pore citty kids down't git thair fare shair.....And beeleve hit orr knott  probablee a lott moore thain sum ov tha cownty's own peepull...Like eye sed......munny talks and eye'm givin moore thain a lott ov tham.......:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

9 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Those folks didn't have a voice in the decision to consolidate the schools, they were too young in the late 70s.  However, maybe by taking their kids to different schools they are voicing their opinion now as adults when they couldn't as minors being shipped off from their communities.

Again you are trying to redirect instead of providing a logical, reasonable and acceptable answer to the question. Why does Greenback not lose kids to other schools?

I'll give you another one. Why did only one starter from WB's football teams from 1983-1988 send his kids to play football at another school?

That is simple. They are far enough away from Maryville and Alcoa that it makes it difficult to go to those schools. Also, they have their own winning tradition.  That helps too. 

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

That is simple. They are far enough away from Maryville and Alcoa that it makes it difficult to go to those schools. Also, they have their own winning tradition.  That helps too. 

That distance from Maryville and alco to Greenback is irrelevantsince GB recently got transfers from both schools. therefore your statement is invalid. community schools are better.  end of argument. game. set. match.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 32hammer said:

That distance from Maryville and alco to Greenback is irrelevantsince GB recently got transfers from both schools. therefore your statement is invalid. community schools are better.  end of argument. game. set. match.

Or.... Some people want to be a big fish in a small pond.  Maybe some kids would rather be "the guy" at Greenback than ride the pine or split reps at Maryville or Alcoa.

I was talking about the distance from Greenback to Maryville and Alcoa. Not the other way around. If you are a Greenback parent, it would be a big burden to pay tuition and get your kid to school at Maryville or Alcoa every day. And let's suppose they want to move. It is a lot more expensive to buy a house in Maryville than it is in Greenback.  If you are talking about the other way around, it would be much easier and cheaper to move to Greenback from Maryville or Alcoa. But yea, it is definitely the small community schools. Lol

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

57 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

RR using logic and objective information.  that's going to frustrate some folks. lol

One example doesn't prove a trend. 

At any rate, I don't trust Maryville and Alcoa supporters to have WB's (or Heritage's) best interests at heart. That's why you are against us getting improved facilities but want our talent split up even more.

I also recall all the virtue signaling about WB hiring Shadowens after all the stuff at Blackman, but I haven't heard a peep about it since it was clear WB was still a cellar dweller in 6A.

In the early 70’s one of the best running backs in the County lived in the City of Maryville and the head coach for the county school picked him up for school everyday so he could go to a small school. Maryville coaches came to him and said we can make you play for us and he said if you do I won’t play. They left him alone and he went on to be All State and play in college. His grandson suits up for Maryville now but no one in the county was complaining when he was scoring all those td’s for them but he is considered a traitor now that his grandson didn’t follow in his footsteps.  Maryville and Alcoa are not the evil empire destroying the county one player at a time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

One example doesn't prove a trend. 

At any rate, I don't trust Maryville and Alcoa supporters to have WB's (or Heritage's) best interests at heart. That's why you are against us getting improved facilities but want our talent split up even more.

I also recall all the virtue signaling about WB hiring Shadowens after all the stuff at Blackman, but I haven't heard a peep about it since it was clear WB was still a cellar dweller in 6A.

You just keep getting darker and darker 91 . We used to be able to cut up with you but you have let anger and resentment change you totally . Not everyone from Maryville and Alcoa hates you or your school . Actually no one I know does . I do miss the old 91 that had a sense of humor 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1