Media Received our Mr. Football Ballots today!

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, horse said:

Actually I don’t think it should be up to you or any other sports reporter

I'm fine with that also Mr. Horse, but as long as the TSSAA sends me a nominating ballot, I'll take it serious enough to be as informed as I can about my nominations.   

When a different system is put in place, you'll hear no complaining from me.   

Maybe I should do like most media and write down a couple of local kids and turn it back in.   That would at least spare folks like you from having to see this thread pop up every year.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I'm fine with that also Mr. Horse, but as long as the TSSAA sends me a nominating ballot, I'll take it serious enough to be as informed as I can about my nominations.   

Maybe I should do like most media and write down a couple of local kids and turn it back in.   That would at least spare folks like you from having to see this thread pop up every year.

How many times have you vote for a kid not in your area of the state?

11 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Just a question and I am very sincere when I ask this. What do you really know about a kid from the west? Example Tanner Snyder or Larry Tubbs from Lake County or the Ensley kid from Huntingdon. Ya'll do an excellent job of coving middle Tn and east Tn but not so much from the west. I listen to y'all's show and enjoy it very much but the coverage from the west is way behind that of middle and east Tn. Mr. Football is more than numbers. I did get a chuckle out of you guys when yall said the Lake County/Dresden game was a pick em. Have you guys ever reached out to coach Puckett from Lake County or many other coaches from the west excluding Swenson and the Covington coach? I am not putting you guys down. Like I said I enjoy the show but the west has many good players and coaches also.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

No way to do it fairly, people on one side of the state don't know much about kids on the other side. Guess you could go by #s but that wouldn't be fair either.

I think they do the best job they can do considering all the circumstances. 

And there's some on here you'd never be able to satisfy regardless of who you voted for. They have that ' woe is me syndrome. '   Their 'guy'  didn't win it back in the day (whenever it was)  and now the award means absolutely nothing to them.  Yet they're the ones that scream the loudest when someone wins that they think shouldn't have.   

13 hours ago, orngnblk said:

What Willis does with the ball is unbelievable at times just ask Meigs,Oneida,LC etc,etc.Catch a WR screen and go 70 yards THRU defenders not around and one of if not THE BEST blocking WR in TN and the most dynsmic players on the field each Fri night.Carnes is a talent no doubt and an excellent QB.These TWO young men will both be finalists and i would hate to be the one making the choice!

Carnes is #46 in the COUNTRY

Willis is #14 in the COUNTRY 

What else can be said,great kids off the field also.

Wym Cares is 46 and Willis is 14 in the country? Stats?

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I think they do the best job they can do considering all the circumstances. 

And there's some on here you'd never be able to satisfy regardless of who you voted for. They have that ' woe is me syndrome. '   Their 'guy'  didn't win it back in the day (whenever it was)  and now the award means absolutely nothing to them.  Yet they're the ones that scream the loudest when someone wins that they think shouldn't have.   

Eddie Moore ring a bell? Them ones you’re talking about mention him every year. 

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Friday Main Event has reached out to everyone here on CoachT asking for your input.

Where are the West Tn guys that have a vote?  I don't see any of them in here asking yall anything.  

This isn't a West vs East vs Middle thing but some of yall make it out to be. 

No it's not east vs west. I just ask a question. I think it is a fair question to ask. The middle and east do get more coverage. I don't know who all in the media gets a vote and bet you don't either?