Media Received our Mr. Football Ballots today!

FridayMainEvent

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Roy you really are stupid!That main event guy made this site to nominate Mr Football candidates and stats not to debate who is going to or should win the championship.You need to read before ruining good threads with your garbage.

I garuntee you o&b man you are real stupid.  You along with the rest of the orchestraters dont want any attention.  You no you have three Mr Football finalist on that Ryan mans team.  You should be mercy ruling everyone with three finalist in a 1a team.  If you dont im sure the kinfolk will loan you fellars a Uhaul.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Just a question and I am very sincere when I ask this. What do you really know about a kid from the west? Example Tanner Snyder or Larry Tubbs from Lake County or the Ensley kid from Huntingdon. Ya'll do an excellent job of coving middle Tn and east Tn but not so much from the west. I listen to y'all's show and enjoy it very much but the coverage from the west is way behind that of middle and east Tn. Mr. Football is more than numbers. I did get a chuckle out of you guys when yall said the Lake County/Dresden game was a pick em. Have you guys ever reached out to coach Puckett from Lake County or many other coaches from the west excluding Swenson and the Covington coach? I am not putting you guys down. Like I said I enjoy the show but the west has many good players and coaches also.

+1

2 hours ago, footballover said:

Would love to see you guys come to Huntingdon for the semi finals for the ANTICIPATED game with Lake Co

I would absolutely love to see that game.  I'll make you this promise.   If that game happens and Nissan doesn't force me to work Thanksgiving weekend (slim chance as we're currently in a model change to start building the new Rogue) I will be at that game!  Bank on it!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sum1uno said:

The most deserving kid could win and someone would cry foul. There are years when the most deserving don’t win and this will continue because it’s all publicity and word of mouth. Some of the best players won’t even get mentioned due to what position they play. Is it fair? No. Will it ever be fair? No. Why? It’s a little thing called life. You can accept and move on or sit and pout like spoiled brats which is becoming the majority of America. 

Old Pirate says your post supports the unfairness controlled by most sportswriters and those attempting to orchestrate favorites within this very thread.

13 hours ago, sum1uno said:

The most deserving kid could win and someone would cry foul. There are years when the most deserving don’t win and this will continue because it’s all publicity and word of mouth. Some of the best players won’t even get mentioned due to what position they play. Is it fair? No. Will it ever be fair? No. Why? It’s a little thing called life. You can accept and move on or sit and pout like spoiled brats which is becoming the majority of America. 

Very true...We had a kid win it back to back years... last year he had 40 passing tds 3,500ish yards 0 ints and 12 rushing tds and the one of the finalist fan base would not let it go thier kid had a great season but nowhere near those numbers they cried forever about it.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:55 AM, Southtowner said:

I'll admit I haven't seen anyone from the West thus far.    The best ones I've seen this year are Swafford, MeigsCounty; Carnes, Willis and Bailey; Greenback.   

I think they've done a disservice to the lineman award by only having 1 Mr Football per classification.  

Linemen deserve their own category.  

I'd vote Carnes or Willis in 1A and Swafford in 2A.  Of course I haven't seen many people play this year either.  Obviously it won't be anyone from SP since we do not have anyone staying in the games long enough and have too many people getting the ball for anyone to really stand out.  

Grabowski at Copper Basin is putting up great numbers and should get a look even though the competition hasn't been that great. But even thought he competition hasn't been great, Basin would not be doing as well as they are without him.  I don't think he should win it, but I do think that he should be looked at.  

The lineman category being taken away was bad.  Those guys make it all happen.  

Edited by The Drunken Sailor
  • Upvote 1

All this 'players aren't playing long enough' and 'west doesn't get noticed' is garbage. Cameron Whittaker from Cornersville was a finalist last season and didn't play a full game until the playoffs. Desmond Johnson from LC was a finalist last season. I'm sorry, but just not buying what you are selling. Nominate young men and see what happens. That is all we can do.