SONNY MOORE RANKINGS

OldYellowJacket

Sonny Moore's Top 10 teams (including their computer power ratings) for classes 2A and 1A are provided below. 

CLASS 2A

01 TROUSDALE COUNTY       116.61
02 PEABODY                            113.26
03 MEIGS COUNTY                 112.26
04 TYNER                                 106.30
05 HAMPTON                          102.85
06 WATERTOWN                     102.79
07 FORREST                             100.32
08 FAIRLEY                                 98.09
09 ONEIDA                                 96.72
10 LEWIS COUNTY                    95.94

CLASS 1A

01 SOUTH PITTSBURG                           120.66
02 HUNTINGDON                                   110.13
03 LAKE COUNTY                                    107.37
04 GREENBACK                                       106.05
05 FREEDOM PREP                                   99.34
06 MEMPHIS MIDDLE COLLEGE             97.84
07 FAYETTEVILLE                                      97.34
08 MONTEREY                                          95.57
09 COLUMBIA ACADEMY                        92.23
10 MOORE COUNTY                                91.57

Do you agree or disagree with Sonny? How would you change his rankings? I will start out by saying that although I am a Trousdale County Yellow Jacket through and through, I think at this time of the season that Peabody is on a level by itself, and deserves to be ranked #1. However, I hope that during the playoffs that TC to continues to improve and wins another gold ball. 

38 minutes ago, OldYellowJacket said:

Sonny Moore's Top 10 teams (including their computer power ratings) for classes 2A and 1A are provided below. 

CLASS 2A

01 TROUSDALE COUNTY       116.61
02 PEABODY                            113.26
03 MEIGS COUNTY                 112.26
04 TYNER                                 106.30
05 HAMPTON                          102.85
06 WATERTOWN                     102.79
07 FORREST                             100.32
08 FAIRLEY                                 98.09
09 ONEIDA                                 96.72
10 LEWIS COUNTY                    95.94

CLASS 1A

01 SOUTH PITTSBURG                           120.66
02 HUNTINGDON                                   110.13
03 LAKE COUNTY                                    107.37
04 GREENBACK                                       106.05
05 FREEDOM PREP                                   99.34
06 MEMPHIS MIDDLE COLLEGE             97.84
07 FAYETTEVILLE                                      97.34
08 MONTEREY                                          95.57
09 COLUMBIA ACADEMY                        92.23
10 MOORE COUNTY                                91.57

Do you agree or disagree with Sonny? How would you change his rankings? I will start out by saying that although I am a Trousdale County Yellow Jacket through and through, I think at this time of the season that Peabody is on a level by itself, and deserves to be ranked #1. However, I hope that during the playoffs that TC to continues to improve and wins another gold ball. 

I don't have a lot of faith in Sonny Moore this year. There are a couple of teams he can't seem to put in the proper class. They were early in the season but the last 4 weeks no. As an example in the 1A listings you posted Columbia Academy is in Division II Class A. If you look at the overall division 1 1A rankings you also find Trinity Christian Academy listed. They are also D 2 class A. If they can't get the right teams in the right class, can you put a lot of stock in the rankings that they produce?

Edited by ReitzFan

26 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I don't have a lot of faith in Sonny Moore this year. There are a couple of teams he can't seem to put in the proper class. They were early in the season but the last 4 weeks no. As an example in the 1A listings you posted Columbia Academy is in Division II Class A. If you look at the overall division 1 1A rankings you also find Trinity Christian Academy listed. They are also D 2 class A. If they can't get the right teams in the right class, can you put a lot of stock in the rankings that they produce?

You beat me to it!  The first thing that popped out in this ranking was that Columbia Academy was ranked in 1A knowing they haven't been in 1A in forever. 

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

The last few weeks Sonny has been running his numbers through 2 models instead of just the one for better accuracy.  Apparently the newer model still has teams placed in the wrong classifications.  But it doesn't change the power ratings. 

I sent him a list of the teams that were reclassified this last mid classification period.  If yall wanna blame someone for the teams out of place then blame me for I could have confused him and for that I have apologized. 

Sonny also stated @CoachT has a great website and it's where he gets his score reports.   

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

This is for fun, but since Watertown beat Trousdale atm any poll that has Trousdale ahead of Watertown is inaccurate. Trousdale may be better but when it mattered they weren't. How could any poll show otherwise until proven differently. As far as Peabody goes they get penalized just like a lot of other teams for not running up the score. Meigs falls into the same category. Alot of teams we could have scored alot more on but didn't. Who cares if your ranked if your chances for playing for a gold ball aren't affected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

This is for fun, but since Watertown beat Trousdale atm any poll that has Trousdale ahead of Watertown is inaccurate. Trousdale may be better but when it mattered they weren't. How could any poll show otherwise until proven differently. As far as Peabody goes they get penalized just like a lot of other teams for not running up the score. Meigs falls into the same category. Alot of teams we could have scored alot more on but didn't. Who cares if your ranked if your chances for playing for a gold ball aren't affected.

Exactly...  Their schedule is also softer this year.....

49 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Exactly...  Their schedule is also softer this year.....

And I didnt mean that as detrimental to Trousdale, i just don't understand why they are doing it the way they are.  I have alot of respect for Trousdale and I met some cool folks there. I mean if you looked at the rankings you would have figured you all to have a loss against them if you hadn't seen the score of the game. It makes no sense. And stuff like THAT is why I don't care anything at all about rankings. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

And I didnt mean that as detrimental to Trousdale, i just don't understand why they are doing it the way they are.  I have alot of respect for Trousdale and I met some cool folks there. I mean if you looked at the rankings you would have figured you all to have a loss against them if you hadn't seen the score of the game. It makes no sense. And stuff like THAT is why I don't care anything at all about rankings. 

Nor do I.. just stating facts.. something is wrong with Sonnys formula.