Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

I'm beginning to change my mind.  I'm thinking I'd like to see Fayetteville force this issue and keep the restraining order in place. Not that I think you'll win, but I'd like to see this played out in court.  I think we all would get a better understanding or better put, a more transparent view of just what happened.  And who knows? , maybe this will lead to better oversight and maybe someone will learn something from this. 

I may even attend the court hearings if that's possible and see for myself how the language of this case is written.

Some selfish reasons I guess. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Captain rack man what kind of mess is this? I woke up in the middle of the night cause I forgot to take my colon medicine before I went to bed and saw these pictures. Who is this? What kind of bowl is a OD bowl? I looked in my Murphy Fair book ave couldnt find nothing about this game.  You think im joking but im not. 

Dad Burnit, bout time this was brought to light out of the darkness. The TSSAA regularly fail in their duties. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Captain rack man what kind of mess is this? I woke up in the middle of the night cause I forgot to take my colon medicine before I went to bed and saw these pictures. Who is this? What kind of bowl is a OD bowl? I looked in my Murphy Fair book ave couldnt find nothing about this game.  You think im joking but im not. 

OD Bowl- Old/Dillard bowl. 

Old Pirate and Roy Dillard's all-star orchestration special where the state's best transfers go head to head on the same field. One night only!

2 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Athletes can participate in all star games (i.e. UnderArmor All American Game, Army All American Bowl in Texas, McDonald's All American Game, etc.) but it depends on when the game takes place.  It's not an issue with football or basketball.  The biggest stink with this is with baseball and the Perfect Game All American Game in San Diego in August.  This year is a perfect example.  Some kids from TN were allowed to participate due to the fact that the game took place before their school year started. Some were not allowed to play, because the first day of school at their particular school had already taken place.  It's a stupid rule that will be overturned and will be discussed at regional meetings, but a rule none the less.  Not to long ago players would drop out of school, play the all star game, and then re-enroll.  TSSAA had to nip that in the bud as well.

Where does the TSSAA rules allow football players to play in an unsanctioned All Star game as an underclassman? OP has never heard or read where any player but seniors can participate in this type of game. Provide information to back your claim! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I'm not sure the 0-D All Star Game constitutes an all star game being that it is open to anyone willing to write a check.  If it were deemed to be a legit all star game, the underclass FB player would not be eligible.  You can't cut a check and play in the McDonald's All American game, or the Army All American game.

Good examples and explanations here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/08/11/perfect-game-classic-tssaa-rule-keeps-robert-hassell-ryan-hagenow-out-all-star-game/1981266001/

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/07/11/high-school-baseball-farragut-tssaa-tennessee-2019/1707665001/

12 minutes ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

I'm not sure the 0-D All Star Game constitutes an all star game being that it is open to anyone willing to write a check.  If it were deemed to be a legit all star game, the underclass FB player would not be eligible.  You can't cut a check and play in the McDonald's All American game, or the Army All American game.

Good examples and explanations here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/08/11/perfect-game-classic-tssaa-rule-keeps-robert-hassell-ryan-hagenow-out-all-star-game/1981266001/

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/07/11/high-school-baseball-farragut-tssaa-tennessee-2019/1707665001/

Does the O-D game say All Star? This is kind of interesting so he was not chosen to go to that camp and playing that game if he did? His parents paid for him to go there and play in that scrimmage game or game or whatever it's called?

Edited by orngnblk

46 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Does the O-D game say All Star? This is kind of interesting so he was not chosen to go to that camp and playing that game if he did? His parents paid for him to go there and play in that scrimmage game or game or whatever it's called?

If he did? LOPAO! Old Pirate been called out as whining fer exposing this fact.  The game was videoed with announcers. Not sure why the video has not shown. O&B, has you ever heard of an underclassman cleared to play in a game that is for seniors to draw attention to themselves for possible recruiting exposure? 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

4 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

If he did? LOPAO! The game was videoed with announcers. Not sure why the video has not shown. O&B, has you ever heard of an underclassman cleared to play in a game that is for seniors to draw attention to themselves for possible recruiting exposure? 

No I can't say that I have that's why I'd like to know a little bit more about this situation honestly.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

:lol:  What does this sound like it is? 

A LEGACY OF GREATNESS

Our hand-selected rosters are the product of intense pre-season scouting from hundreds of Offense-Defense coaching personnel, culminating in what has become the biggest invitation-only youth and high school football event in the world! Unlike the myriad “pay-to-play” tournaments out there, our All-American Bowl is the only that can boast having trained and personally evaluated the players prior to selecting them.