South Pitt @ Copper Basin (that Grider man vs that Grabowski man)

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

16 minutes ago, rlh said:

Since about 1984.   However, in the 80s and early 90s there were 2 districts per region in the old A-AA-AAA system. .  The exception was the 5 years of the 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 when the crazy Z system was in place.  They were sort of style in our region though because it superficially mirrored the old 80s districts 5 and 6.  I would say that they have played about 20 to 22 times in the past 35 years.  Since 2001, it has been SP 13 - 1 against Copper Pan. They only played 1 out of 5 years during the z plan.

That is a long trip compounded with 24 traffic and Chattanooga on a Friday evening. All I can say is safe travels. I despise that stretch of road between the river and Chatt. 

18 hours ago, sum1uno said:

That is a long trip compounded with 24 traffic and Chattanooga on a Friday evening. All I can say is safe travels. I despise that stretch of road between the river and Chatt. 

I despise that stretch of road myself, drive it a couple days a week for school.

Edited by TheCommander

9 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I despise that stretch of road drive it a couple days a week for school.

Feel sorry for you. Last few times I’ve travelled there the southbound lane was nothing but a two lane parking lot. I could make better time in a pedal car from the 60’s. Or a big wheel for you fellows that was kids in the 70’s. 

Best of of luck to both teams. Hope both teams finish game a bit tired and sore but injury free. Good workout needed before the real season starts.

5 hours ago, Southtowner said:

He has a long history of being wrong.

Go Pirates???  You from Basin,  right? 

We’re adults, right? I have no problem whatsoever saying Go Pirates. I was 1-2 against the Pirates and have immense respect for the program and the community. That doesn’t mean that I don’t want my Silver Hats to win. It’s kinda sad if anything less than total hatred is the standard for us has-beens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

We’re adults, right? I have no problem whatsoever saying Go Pirates. I was 1-2 against the Pirates and have immense respect for the program and the community. That doesn’t mean that I don’t want my Silver Hats to win. It’s kinda sad if anything less than total hatred is the standard for us has-beens.

What years were you?

20 hours ago, sportman said:

Thanks for that info and I remember that name very well now. How is he doing now? I know for a fact he was the best kicker and punter I have ever seen on SP field for sure. I think he caused it to rain one night with one of those sky high punts.  Dude was awesome for sure. 

As a Kicker and Punter myself I have to ask.. Better than Pumpy??

• Like 1

Tonight will give CB a reality Check. I dont believe there is 1 CB fan that really believe they can beat South Pittsburg. That being said CB will find out how Good SP is and wil be Shell Shocked. CB has a good Team fpr CB standards and the CB and Gordonsville Game should be a good Match up because Gordonsville is NOT even close to the Team they normally are..  South Pittsburg 48 CB 6