South Pitt @ Copper Basin (that Grider man vs that Grabowski man)

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

9 minutes ago, sportman said:

Thanks for that info and I remember that name very well now. How is he doing now? I know for a fact he was the best kicker and punter I have ever seen on SP field for sure. I think he caused it to rain one night with one of those sky high punts.  Dude was awesome for sure. 

He's had a lot of health issues and had a battle with cancer for a bit but he's tough as nails and stubborn as they come. He will probably be standing around with me over next to the field house if he shows up. I'll be wearing the badge standing around the field house. He loves to talk about the good ol' days 

14 minutes ago, Narco said:

He's had a lot of health issues and had a battle with cancer for a bit but he's tough as nails and stubborn as they come. He will probably be standing around with me over next to the field house if he shows up. I'll be wearing the badge standing around the field house. He loves to talk about the good ol' days 

Prayers for him for sure. Wish I could come to the game. Everyone that know's me and my family know we travel to all games, but I have a work conflict to where I have to work till 6 our time tomorrow night, so unless I have a helicopter I want be there, but my son will be there for sure. I guess in the last 35 yrs plus I may have missed 10 games or so.  I would love to see this game but I will be listening and get updates from my son. This work thing is highly over rated and getting in my way of what I love to watch.. 

39 minutes ago, sportman said:

Prayers for him for sure. Wish I could come to the game. Everyone that know's me and my family know we travel to all games, but I have a work conflict to where I have to work till 6 our time tomorrow night, so unless I have a helicopter I want be there, but my son will be there for sure. I guess in the last 35 yrs plus I may have missed 10 games or so.  I would love to see this game but I will be listening and get updates from my son. This work thing is highly over rated and getting in my way of what I love to watch.. 

Sorry you will miss this one sportman. I will be there cheering on the Pirates for you. Easy drive for me since I live in Cleveland.

10 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

It's got nothing to do with Basin Refuter.I posted this about Old Pirate/Roy always whining about Greenback.It makes the whole group look bad and if Cap don't like it then tell those two to get over it.Every thread those two ruin it and I like to read about football and we all have to shuffle thru ENDLESS pages of them whining about transfers and orchestration crap.They have been the king's of transfers for 30+ years.My apologies to your posters,you guys have a good thing going on down there keep it up.Good luck to you all I would love to see you surprise the world but it's gonna be a short night.

Yet you are in the SP/Copper Basin thread running your pie hole about GB stuff that has 2 or 3 long running threads on it.   Some of us, probably most, get tired of it as well. 

Edited by rlh
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate  & Cousin Lester is looking forward to traveling to Copperhill Friday. Them Skillet Slingers wants to go on to Cherokee to spend their money. Leastways, OP is thrilled to see the Cougars’ program on the rise again, congrats to that. 

That’s where me and my crew are spending the weekend...Cherokee! After a victory Friday night, might be lucky enough to win some extra spending money!

46 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Has CB always been in SP region? That is a long trip. 

Since about 1984.   However, in the 80s and early 90s there were 2 districts per region in the old A-AA-AAA system. .  The exception was the 5 years of the 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 when the crazy Z system was in place.  They were sort of style in our region though because it superficially mirrored the old 80s districts 5 and 6.  I would say that they have played about 20 to 22 times in the past 35 years.  Since 2001, it has been SP 13 - 1 against Copper Pan. They only played 1 out of 5 years during the z plan.

Edited by rlh

It is going to be a cold night tomorrow night. I am looking forward to my first trip to Copper Basin for a game. We are also heading over to Murphy, North Carolina after the game to spend some time there. I am looking forward to the area as I have never been there before. Everyone be safe out here this afternoon on these wet roads.