Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

Just now, Uknolil said:

I like being the underdog, but I understand what you mean. 

just hope for a good clean game next week, and everyone stays healthy! GOOOO DOGSSSS

I'd rather be the favorite, Favorites will be playing for a while. Trousdale Tyne ,Meigs Watertown and Peabody. Those teams are favored for a reason. Just love to give anyone of them a good hard game. Us Oneida and South Green are looking up, that being said , on any given Friday night.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Those Hampton boys are very well coached.  They’ll get the W +14

The jabbering about SG I find amusing.  SG this, SG that; sounds like they need not make the trip to Méigs if it’s a done deal.  I sure hope that mind set is not in the Meigs kids.  SG had the mind set against Hampton, and Hampton flat out gave them an old fashioned beating.   

Best of luck to both teams.   I’ll be pulling for the bulldogs cause I am a NET homer.

All the SG haters are funny to listen to. According to them SG couldn't play dead in a western. I guess 10 different teams just felt sorry for them and let them win. I guess Hampton didn't get the memo that were supposed to roll over for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pujo said:

Like I said, I know both teams like a book. Ours can do it also but you never know what you,re going to get.IFFY

The ONE thing that is iffy to me is the fact your D hasnt played NO ONE near the caliber not even close to the teams Oneida has.I have nothing to gauge you all on.On paper Hampton looks to be a Meigs team.After Fri it will start to come more clear.If Hampton wins by 14 to 21 them Meigs will be in a "Dog" fight.:lol:GP is a good team not great at all and they put ALOT on you.So Fri will show us all.As one of your said the cream will rise to the top as it does this time of year.

6 hours ago, pujo said:

I'd rather be the favorite, Favorites will be playing for a while. Trousdale Tyne ,Meigs Watertown and Peabody. Those teams are favored for a reason. Just love to give anyone of them a good hard game. Us Oneida and South Green are looking up, that being said , on any given Friday night.

Yes sir.I didnt give CF a chance and then 7 TOs later they WON!

Hamptonites dont think we are disrespecting you all.Win this one Fri and you will start changing my mind.We all know the teams Oneida has played and they have ran a gantlet.They have played three teams that could very well be all semi finalist in their class.Hampton doent play those type teams but very well could be that type so show us BAMA!

26 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

The ONE thing that is iffy to me is the fact your D hasnt played NO ONE near the caliber not even close to the teams Oneida has.I have nothing to gauge you all on.On paper Hampton looks to be a Meigs team.After Fri it will start to come more clear.If Hampton wins by 14 to 21 them Meigs will be in a "Dog" fight.:lol:GP is a good team not great at all and they put ALOT on you.So Fri will show us all.As one of your said the cream will rise to the top as it does this time of year.

Think we would play GP much closer if we played now, still not so sure we could beat them. Just don't match up very well. But if you compare whatever results you have to go by, we'll have a good shot this week. You don't have to tell anyone in Hampton Oneida is tough as nails, they already know it.Thought it was funny last night when a certain Butt hurt fan was trying to tell Oneida how to beat us, Doubt Coach Lambert is looking for any pointers from some fan,lol We'll just approach this with cautious optimism. Neither team is heads and shoulders above the other. 

8 hours ago, pujo said:

The one thing being overlooked by  everyone is the Hampton defense. 

Hampton was the only Defense to shut us down this year. I know we weren’t great but before the Hampton game we were averaging about 24 points a game and had a RB that no one held under 100 yds! We didn’t sniff the endzone and probably only had 50 total yards of offense IF we had that. I know y’all are thinking that’s not a great comparison but if you seen us play at all this year you know we could play a little offense and Hampton shut us down completely!

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Think we would play GP much closer if we played now, still not so sure we could beat them. Just don't match up very well. But if you compare whatever results you have to go by, we'll have a good shot this week. You don't have to tell anyone in Hampton Oneida is tough as nails, they already know it.Thought it was funny last night when a certain Butt hurt fan was trying to tell Oneida how to beat us, Doubt Coach Lambert is looking for any pointers from some fan,lol We'll just approach this with cautious optimism. Neither team is heads and shoulders above the other. 

Yeah that was comical to me... 

This is going to be a great ball game. Wish the ESPN could film this one.