Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

Exactly the same here, not a superstar on the field, they just all grab their lunch buckets and go to work. It'll be a battle. Plain and simple IF TL can scheme your offense and the boys execute it like they have so far against superior talent then it'll be a low scoring affair. If so and we can find 14-21 points I like our chances. If Hampton jumps up a couple scores then we're in for a long night. Even if we stop them after that, we are not built for shootouts or comebacks. I personally look for 10 or less points each going into the 4th and we'll see what happens from there honestly. 

If you hold us to 10 going into the 4th, I'll pay for your fuel back home!

7 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yeah its a really fun team to watch. Don't never know who is going to have the big night. I know the Coaches was having a hard time early trying to evaluate all the kids. Think it took them 3 or 4 games to put it together, Thats very seldom the case.

Fact. Normally you know who your horses are. This is a team of mules.  Like your saying goes.,. " don't worry about the mule just load the wagon" :grin:

Just now, crow said:

Exactly the same here, not a superstar on the field, they just all grab their lunch buckets and go to work. It'll be a battle. Plain and simple IF TL can scheme your offense and the boys execute it like they have so far against superior talent then it'll be a low scoring affair. If so and we can find 14-21 points I like our chances. If Hampton jumps up a couple scores then we're in for a long night. Even if we stop them after that, we are not built for shootouts or comebacks. I personally look for 10 or less points each going into the 4th and we'll see what happens from there honestly. 

Think you are spot on. Nothing but respect from both ends.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

The ONE thing that is iffy to me is the fact your D hasnt played NO ONE near the caliber not even close to the teams Oneida has.I have nothing to gauge you all on.On paper Hampton looks to be a Meigs team.After Fri it will start to come more clear.If Hampton wins by 14 to 21 them Meigs will be in a "Dog" fight.:lol:GP is a good team not great at all and they put ALOT on you.So Fri will show us all.As one of your said the cream will rise to the top as it does this time of year.

Crap.....GP was first game of the season and CF beat Oneida; neither means anything at this point. 

Told you, the last couple years, what was gonna happen, was I correct? Told ya what was gonna happen in '15, was I correct? We ain't the '15 team but we ain't facing the same caliber teams either.

Soft SOS; Lunsford vs Lambert; youth in major positions; Oneida should stomp us...

4 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Crap.....GP was first game of the season and CF beat Oneida; neither means anything at this point. 

Told you, the last couple years, what was gonna happen, was I correct? Told ya what was gonna happen in '15, was I correct? We ain't the '15 team but we ain't facing the same caliber teams either.

Soft SOS; Lunsford vs Lambert; youth in major positions; Oneida should stomp us...

I hope so but really doubt it happens that way. Reality is you're probably fairly confident of a comfortable win. 

• Like 1