Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

6 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Yes the Indians are. The Indians defense is a mirror image of the Bulldogs defense. Let's see if you can score 35 on them. I doubt it.

And Meigs defense is better then both. Meigs is getting healthy at the right time, this game will be something like 35-7 or 35-14. Meigs is playing championship caliber football right now. 

And don’t get me wrong, I like Hampton, it’s not much different than Meigs, small town good people, with good sports tradition. But for right now Meigs is on a different level, but that changes every year in small town sports.

7 hours ago, crow said:

That's what it was going to be the first time. 

sg only had 2 first downs on hampton how many yds did they have against meigs 30 to 0 not even a ballgame meigs 39 to 7 2 point difference think it would have been a good game oniedas offence is actually terrible no imagination no passing yards in a complete game not one complete pass 5 sacks allowed cant beat or compete with meigs with this offense only offense was great individual plays for oneidas players worst offensive scheme of any team in region 1 great defense but hampton moved the ball just fine  meigs will destroy oneida if they dont get some simblance of an offense just my oppinion if little luns was running oneidas offense they would be a threat

16 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

sg only had 2 first downs on hampton how many yds did they have against meigs 30 to 0 not even a ballgame meigs 39 to 7 2 point difference think it would have been a good game oniedas offence is actually terrible no imagination no passing yards in a complete game not one complete pass 5 sacks allowed cant beat or compete with meigs with this offense only offense was great individual plays for oneidas players worst offensive scheme of any team in region 1 great defense but hampton moved the ball just fine  meigs will destroy oneida if they dont get some simblance of an offense just my oppinion if little luns was running oneidas offense they would be a threat

Thanks for your opinion. Meigs may destroy oneida as you say, they didn't the first time we played. Was 8-3 middle of the fourth. One thingfor sure, we will find out how oneida fairs against them friday. As for how Hampton would've faired, we'll guess we'll never know. Hampton moved the ball but didn't finish. Hampton averaged 4.75 yards per play, oneida aberaged 5.4. If Hampton could clean up some of the 170 penalty yards maybe they'd have a shot. Hampton is a good team and a very good defense, but like every team they have things that need fixing. Just my opinion. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

And Meigs defense is better then both. Meigs is getting healthy at the right time, this game will be something like 35-7 or 35-14. Meigs is playing championship caliber football right now. 

And don’t get me wrong, I like Hampton, it’s not much different than Meigs, small town good people, with good sports tradition. But for right now Meigs is on a different level, but that changes every year in small town sports.

I don't think you're defense is any better than ours honestly. Ours is just on the field a lot more because our offense doesn’t move the ball much unfortunately. 

18 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

lol it was 39-0 at the half, Meigs started pulling starters the 3rd quarter, they could have won 50+ to 0 if they wanted to. And in the second quarter it looked like they were working on their passing game, just because having some players back, to get them in the flow of things.

11 minutes ago, crow said:

I don't think you're defense is any better than ours honestly. Ours is just on the field a lot more because our offense doesn’t move the ball much unfortunately. 

Your probably right, but I just think playing at home and having some key players back is worth 7 to 14 points, that’s why I said Meigs will score 35. And man I gave you 7-14 points that’s two more TD’s than you guys had last time :D

Just now, Dadof2 said:

Your probably right, but I just think playing at home and having some key players back is worth 7 to 14 points, that’s why I said Meigs will score 35. And man I gave you 7-14 points that’s two more TD’s than you guys had last time :D

Oh I agree about the score, that's very possible. I was referring to the meigs defense being better than ours or Hamptons. I won't speak on hampton because I'll pi$$ off somebody regardless. I'd say our defense is as good as any 2A at least on the eastern side. We just can't get any offensive production so we punt a lot. Defense is on the field a lot. If we could move the chains and chew some clock that'd cut 25 snaps or more off your offensive plays. Give us more opportunities to score and y'all less. Win win for us. 

11 minutes ago, crow said:

Oh I agree about the score, that's very possible. I was referring to the meigs defense being better than ours or Hamptons. I won't speak on hampton because I'll pi$$ off somebody regardless. I'd say our defense is as good as any 2A at least on the eastern side. We just can't get any offensive production so we punt a lot. Defense is on the field a lot. If we could move the chains and chew some clock that'd cut 25 snaps or more off your offensive plays. Give us more opportunities to score and y'all less. Win win for us. 

Very good point. That place will be rocking Friday night.

17 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I have said it once i will say it again.IF Oneida had an adequate offense to help the defense stay off the field and help build a little momentum i WOULD put money on them going to Cookeville!Oneida has a good enough offense to handle 5 thru 10 but they need that next step offensive production to win the 1 thru 5's.I know im probably going to rufffle feathers but you all know i say what i think.Hampton has to have discipline issues to lose 2 BIG games this year because of penalties,the proof is in the pudding.The last play of that game should have NEVER been the deciding factor in my opinion.Oneida is a very disciplined team always have been and they usually compete extremely well with anyone. NOW if Meigs has the big WR back and a couple they had been missing i do think they will win by 14 to 21 points at home.I do think with a couple breaks Oneida can compete.Oneidas D was as good as any we played against in their own way.

Was our game with South Greene televised? We had two news groups there.