Round 3: Oneida @ Meigs

crow

3 minutes ago, OmahaOmaha said:

Crow you know IF we win we will be at the Reservation again! I know that’s a huge if but it sounds good. 

Anything can happen. Especially if it rains. Our last game one turnover in your favor could have changed the whole game in the 4th quarter.

3 hours ago, MarsBlackmon said:

What happened to all those Hampton dudes? 

I bet they got aggravated knowing good and well that Meigs should have been coming to Hampton Friday night. Hampton out played Oneida on both sides of the ball and actually won that game. When the Meigs people see the film, they'll understand the deal. Crying shame refs have no accountability.

19 minutes ago, pujo said:

I bet they got aggravated knowing good and well that Meigs should have been coming to Hampton Friday night. Hampton out played Oneida on both sides of the ball and actually won that game. When the Meigs people see the film, they'll understand the deal. Crying shame refs have no accountability.

Not sure what exactly happened in that game but by your comment I’ll assume the refs weren’t up to par!

I have witnessed a game where one team fumbled 6 or 7 times, lead in rushing yards and passing but failed to lead in one part of the game, the scoreboard! So I can see where you say Hampton outplayed and won the game but (no disrespect intended) the final score is all that matters. Like I said, I have no clue as to what transpired with the refs! In big games you never want the refs to be the deciding factor! 
As for the Meigs Oneida game, I’ve only personally watched Meigs play one game and I guess I’m a sucker for underdogs! I cast my vote for Oneida....

37 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Not sure what exactly happened in that game but by your comment I’ll assume the refs weren’t up to par!

I have witnessed a game where one team fumbled 6 or 7 times, lead in rushing yards and passing but failed to lead in one part of the game, the scoreboard! So I can see where you say Hampton outplayed and won the game but (no disrespect intended) the final score is all that matters. Like I said, I have no clue as to what transpired with the refs! In big games you never want the refs to be the deciding factor! 
As for the Meigs Oneida game, I’ve only personally watched Meigs play one game and I guess I’m a sucker for underdogs! I cast my vote for Oneida....

Yep final score is all that matters,looked like Oneida busted some long TD runs if your that good stop them.I saw the replay on TV and I probably wouldn't have thrown a flag but from reading other threads on Hampton they seem to have discipline problems,so I'm sure that played into it also.Someone said about 20 flags you don't get 20 flags for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

Yep final score is all that matters,looked like Oneida busted some long TD runs if your that good stop them.I saw the replay on TV and I probably wouldn't have thrown a flag but from reading other threads on Hampton they seem to have discipline problems,so I'm sure that played into it also.Someone said about 20 flags you don't get 20 flags for nothing.

Holy crap, I will have to agree if that many flags were thrown on one team then uh, you could be correct about a problem definitely! Like I said, didn’t see or read much about that game but I seen teams basically outplay their opponent in every phase of the game but lose on the scoreboard! 
 Honestly, I’m still in awe of the possible 20 flags thrown on one team! 

3 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I cast my vote for Oneida....

Finally saw the play Hampton scored on that go called back.  Hope we have that route to #23. Saw him at the store few days ago and he’s moving good and looks the part.  After the crying Oneida did last year about the bad chain gang you would think they would ask the refs to overturn the call just to be honest.  I guess hypocrisy knows no boundaries. I’m glad more ppl are picking Oneida. It takes all the pressure off of us. 

1 hour ago, Turu said:

Finally saw the play Hampton scored on that go called back.  Hope we have that route to #23. Saw him at the store few days ago and he’s moving good and looks the part.  After the crying Oneida did last year about the bad chain gang you would think they would ask the refs to overturn the call just to be honest.  I guess hypocrisy knows no boundaries. I’m glad more ppl are picking Oneida. It takes all the pressure off of us. 

:bored:it would seem irony is limitless as well. Hampton and Oneida are the same caliber team. They get an edge on offense but overall not much difference between the two. Either way y'all should get a comfortable win Friday whether it was them or us. Just happens to be us again. You weren't this salty the first meeting Turu, you mad bro?

Edited by crow

5 hours ago, pujo said:

We averaged 5.4 yards per carry and Hampton averaged 4.75 so we won that stat. 

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Also the score looked to be in your favor,so TWO very important stats.OH and you had less penalties,you also won that stat.

I said it after meigs (we lost), Gb (we lost), upperman (we lost) and coalfield  (we lost) that there's a reason there's only 1 stat on the scoreboard. I hate there was controversy over our win at Hampton but at the end of the day we didn't throw the flag and we didn't make the unnecessary block to give the official the opportunity to throw the flag. If they were far and away superior to us on both sides the why are we stuck on 1 of their 60 offensive plays? That's not a shot, that's being honest. Pujo said it himself before the game, not much difference between these 2 teams and he was right. Both very similar. We're not gonna beat meigs scoring 7 or lessagainst them. Hampton wouldn't beat them with 100 plus penalty yards. I'm not saying either scenario is guaranteed but historically that's the way we both have performed to this point. Anything else about the Hampton game let's try to jump back to that thread, I'm sure there's plenty of people that don't wanna have to plow through this kind of stuff to talk about Fridays game. 

1 hour ago, Turu said:

Might have been a weak penalty, but it was a penalty nonetheless. Should it cost someone a game? Well it should cost them yards, and it should cost them a down otherwise why do we pay refs in the first place? I feel like it was a good call in all honesty. He was paid to do a job and he did what he was paid to do. Shame it took a win from Hampton, but it was a player that cost the penalty by not abiding by the rules that everyone else has to adhere to and not the refs for doing his job.