South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against this Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, glover said:

SP tried every way in the world to move this game. Even posted it after the Gville coaches said no. LOL

That’s not accurate. The question was asked to Gordonsville about moving it. It was initially agreed upon to move it. The TSSAA was notified about the plans. It was approved to be moved.  It was then posted after the agreement was made between schools.  Within an hour Gordonsville called back and said they couldn’t move it because of busing. Those are the facts. Thanks

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good week. It is hard to believe that the last home game of 2019 is already here. I hope everyone comes out tomorrow night. It would be good to get a big crowd to send the players out with a bang. I am looking forward to the game with Gordonsville. I went up to their field last season for the first time. It was a neat setup. This will be my first time seeing them play here at South Pitt. Well I guess that's it. I hope we are ready for a wet Friday night.

3 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Our coach was going to take him up on it too. Again, bus transport was an issue.  I think most would had rather played tonight, but it wasn't going to work out.

You have to remember that these other guys talking about it aren't Gville fans.

Game is Fri Nuff said.Good luck to all you fine folks!

4 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Our coach was going to take him up on it too. Again, bus transport was an issue.  I think most would had rather played tonight, but it wasn't going to work out.

You have to remember that these other guys talking about it aren't Gville fans.

Yeah,  I figured they weren't Gville folks.  Its understandable not being able to work out the transportation.  We had to play Sale Creek @ Finley earlier this year in a good downpour all game long.  Sale Creek most likely couldn't move the game up because of it being at Finley.  They are finally getting their own field and should be ready by next opening season.

Safe travels to you Croz.  And to anyone traveling to the games. 

3 minutes ago, WarChant said:

I’m from greenback, I was just curious 

It's about a 65 minute drive from school to school.  The route I'd take would be I24 to Monteagle then down Sewanee and connect with highway 64 before you get to Winchester. 

Some folks might even skip the interstate and just go up I56 up SP mountain to Sewanee.  That's a nice peaceful drive in itself.