South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against this Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

It's about a 65 minute drive from school to school.  The route I'd take would be I24 to Monteagle then down Sewanee and connect with highway 64 before you get to Winchester. 

Some folks might even skip the interstate and just go up I56 up SP mountain to Sewanee.  That's a nice peaceful drive in itself. 

I like going the back roads if possible. To many crazy drivers on the interstates these days 

Just now, WarChant said:

I like going the back roads if possible. To many crazy drivers on the interstates these days 

I'm with you.

When we come to Greenback I may just miss I24 & I75 altogether driving up.

The 411 is not a bad drive at all.  

Up to Dunlap and cross over via 111 then 27 to 30 into Meigs County and across to the 411. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ThatTowerMan said:

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good week. It is hard to believe that the last home game of 2019 is already here. I hope everyone comes out tomorrow night. It would be good to get a big crowd to send the players out with a bang. I am looking forward to the game with Gordonsville. I went up to their field last season for the first time. It was a neat setup. This will be my first time seeing them play here at South Pitt. Well I guess that's it. I hope we are ready for a wet Friday night.

Hello Tower man.  This is that Towner man. Hope you are having a good day.  It would be nice of you to set up a good size canopy tent in front of your concessions and bathrooms.  That way Roy won't get his fudge round wet and I could be close to the bathroom in case I accidentally ingest anything from Roy's thermos.  

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm with you.

Up to Dunlap and cross over via 111 then 27 to 30 into Meigs County and across to the 411. 

I hope you get to come up to see us !!:thumb: That is a nice drive !! 

9 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm with you.

That is the BEST route in my opinion.I always go that way.

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I went that way earlier this year to see yall at Meigs and also same way and crossed over to the 411 on up to Alcoa to see them play Maryville.   Scenic drive.

And this is a Rivalry everyone should see at least once in their lifetime.  I plan on taking it in again as long as the game is on Thursday again and doesn't conflict with the SP vs Jasper game.