Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

I think this will be a good game.  No doubt Fairley has athletes, which will make it interesting for sure.  As far as being battle-tested,  it’s true, Trenton hasn’t had to go through a lot of adversity thus far.  Not sure if I’d say Fairley is real battle tested either based on how the rest of their region teams ended up.  Game could go a lot of different ways

31 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Fairley won’t run and pass on Peabody like they did against UC you can bet on that.

Tab Vowel is a mastermind at stopping the run, he will have the middle plugged up.. the edge is where it scares me, but he will have the ends ready with playing a certain technique. I’m sure he will emphasize that edge play and  setting  that edge for the bounce all week . If we come out and stop the run and make Fairley get in panic mode then our chances will go up even more 

Edited by Goldenpride

9 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Tab Vowel is a mastermind at stopping the run, he will have the middle plugged up.. the edge is where it scares me, but he will have the ends ready with playing a certain technique. I’m sure he will emphasize that edge play and  setting  that edge for the bounce all week . If we come out and stop the run and make Fairley get in panic mode then our chances will go up even more 

I think our defense will be similar to what it was last year against TCA. Everyone stays at home ready for the pass and when a runner rolls to the side, all shift with them and run them out of bounds.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:44 PM, Tide21 said:

The union city guys said they weren’t starters and I think they said it was 5 guys. Somebody said it was 20-6 at the half and union city dropped a touchdown pass right before half which would have made it 20-12 or possibly 14. Union city had lost its kicker to injury also and I don’t think fairley has a kicker they were going for 2 

Correct, It was about 5. One was the starting Fullback. He was the only starter. Could've made some difference, but not sure it would've been enough of one.

Edited by TennReb31

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I still think Fairley would win but maybe a 10 point game .

Probably about right. I didn't make it to the game since my son was out on the injury list. He was a starter both ways. Listened to it on the radio so probably can't comment on Fairley as intelligently as Swo and 77. Believe this will be a good game. Just from what I have seen of Peabody I still believe they are the best in 2 A but Fairley is right up there.