Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

24 minutes ago, kwc said:

Overall, there is a humongous difference. It's not even close. I know you will rebut, but it's the truth. It wouldn't be fair to the 2A school. It's why there are different classes.

I agree that’s why there are different classes. I have done some research on hernando and fairley. I need to watch more video of fairley. 
I did notice fairley roster seems to be small possibly not all players are listed. I think we may have the advantage there. Peabody’s roster counting freshman is close to the size of hernando’s roster.  I wonder how many fairleys players play both ways.  Do you happen to know ? 

9 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Yes they can , make no mistake this is NOT a typical M Town team comin to Tha Palace friday ! I do believe we get the W but it gonna have to be earned ...... Aint no mo gimmes..

Let me quote myself to fix my error !! Not your typical 2 A Memphis team.... Cause we all know the big boys in The M are really real...

If you haven't noticed my avitar, I'm a Whitehaven alum and fan. I've been going to Whitehaven games for over two decades, approaching 3. I remember when Saulsberry took over as the HC at Whitehaven over 15 years ago. The program is now light years better now, then when he first got the job. He, and the coaching staff had to learn and grow and improve themselves in order to consistently go deep into the playoffs an to win championships. Coach Robinson has coached under Saulsberry, but now he is evolving as a HC. It took Saulsberry a few cracks at the egg to get past certain levels. Coach Robinson has exceeded what his mentor has done. He's coaching a team in the QFs in only his 3rd season as a HC. He coached his team to be undefeated region champs in his first season. He is special and we all knew it when he coached at the Haven. He does a football camp in the summer that he's been doing for 7 years or more. He has current college and pros that are from Memphis to come and participate. He may or may not crack the Peabody nugget on this try. Time will tell. However, I feel confident saying this ... if he stays at Fairley, they will bring home a gold ball(s) in the near future.

5 minutes ago, kwc said:

If you haven't noticed my avitar, I'm a Whitehaven alum and fan. I've been going to Whitehaven games for over two decades, approaching 3. I remember when Saulsberry took over as the HC at Whitehaven over 15 years ago. The program is now light years better now, then when he first got the job. He, and the coaching staff had to learn and grow and improve themselves in order to consistently go deep into the playoffs an to win championships. Coach Robinson has coached under Saulsberry, but now he is evolving as a HC. It took Saulsberry a few cracks at the egg to get past certain levels. Coach Robinson has exceeded what his mentor has done. He's coaching a team in the QFs in only his 3rd season as a HC. He coached his team to be undefeated region champs in his first season. He is special and we all knew it when he coached at the Haven. He does a football camp in the summer that he's been doing for 7 years or more. He has current college and pros that are from Memphis to come and participate. He may or may not crack the Peabody nugget on this try. Time will tell. However, I feel confident saying this ... if he stays at Fairley, they will bring home a gold ball(s) in the near future.

I knew you were a big whitehaven fan. Robinson is no doubt a good coach he has turned fairley around. I don’t think they were ever successful until he got there. 

not to out do you just some facts. 2015 was Jacobs first year as head coach and he went to semis and lost to nashville christian. This is his fifth season and I think he has only lost around 8-9 games. 

6 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I wonder how many fairleys players play both ways.  Do you happen to know ? 

I can't answer that, but you should be able to tell on the film. I remember when Teli White was dominating 2A when at Trezvant. He would dress out about 35 - 40 guys. That's it. A few went both ways, not a lot. I would suspect the same at Fairley.

Fairley's roster is probably going to hover around the 40ish number. It's different in the city. Rural 1A & 2A schools will get more participation in their football programs then a 1A/2A program in the city. It's a totally different thing altogether.

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I knew you were a big whitehaven fan. Robinson is no doubt a good coach he has turned fairley around. I don’t think they were ever successful until he got there. 

not to out do you just some facts. 2015 was Jacobs first year as head coach and he went to semis and lost to nashville christian. This is his fifth season and I think he has only lost around 8-9 games. 

Impressive. I'm looking forward to more of these games in the future, should Robinson stay at Fairley.

8 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I just appreciate you & @BlackHavenSenator for repping these smaller Memphis teams to give us some football talk the past few weeks 

Don't forget Havengrad04, he will pop in from time to time. I do a thing in the 5A/6A forum called BGIM. In it I place hyperlinks to threads throughout CoachT for people to come and get involved in the conversation. There are very few posters on here from the Memphis area to rep the schools, especially the smaller ones 

Edited by kwc