Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Fairley looks to be more competitive this year but Peabody is on an entire new level. Honestly I’d be surprised if this game is close. 

Fairley won’t touch Peabody. Forrest/Riverside won’t touch Peabody. Meigs/Trousdale won’t touch Peabody. 

Undefeated back to back State Champions

famous last words based on physical talent alone and completely discounting the mental aspect of the game as well as the difficulty in repeating in ANY sport. it happens very rarely. Every time a team wins on any level the "dynasty" is discussed ad nauseum, then the team doesnt even repeat one time.  

11 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

famous last words based on physical talent alone and completely discounting the mental aspect of the game as well as the difficulty in repeating in ANY sport. it happens very rarely. Every time a team wins on any level the "dynasty" is discussed ad nauseum, then the team doesnt even repeat one time.  

I understand what you are saying about repeating as champions but Peabody will be Back to Back State Champs this year.

15 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

You discredit yourself every time you try to put your 2 cents in on Peabody cause you obviously know nothing about this team. If Peabody has nothing but a bunch of scrubs on their team they would still win games & be competitive because of the mental aspect of the game. They are one of the best coached teams in the state & can certainly make the argument of the best in 2A. Peabody makes a bunch of plays that they do because they’re coached to put themselves in the right position to make those plays. I’ll put Peabody’s DC up against anyone in the state based purely off of game plan preparation. Peabody isn’t a team that rolls the ball out to mid field during practice & the coaches say “have fun”. You will see soon enough. *Cue the obnoxious response in which you must use a thesaurus to make yourself feel like a big man on a high school football message board* 

Edited by FightingBlue0

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Fairley looks to be more competitive this year but Peabody is on an entire new level. Honestly I’d be surprised if this game is close. 

Fairley won’t touch Peabody. Forrest/Riverside won’t touch Peabody. Meigs/Trousdale won’t touch Peabody. 

Undefeated back to back State Champions

If your part of the coaching staff at Waverly, I highly doubt your opinion is of any value after laying the goose egg. Why dont you go help coach basketball and give some else a better record.

3 minutes ago, Pater said:

If your part of the coaching staff at Waverly, I highly doubt your opinion is of any value after laying the goose egg. Why dont you go help coach basketball and give some else a better record.

Some people just show hurt a little differently than others. This may be Trollins way of closure for a disastrous game. 

I’ll chime in too since I’ve seen both teams play now. Fairley is gifted athletically but so is Peabody. Fairley does fly to the football and lays the lumber when they do.  Peabody will have better team defense though. Peabody defensive line will beat Fairley offensive line most of night. I think our offensive line did a good job for the most part with the line of scrimmage battle against their defensive line so I think Peabody fine on the upfront battle. The Wilkins kid is better than Dickson In the open field but Dickson much tougher runner in my opinion and Peabody has another one they can throw in there when need be. Peabody wins running back battle. Peabody has the better field general too.  Two senior heavy teams so lots of experience out there. Peabody receivers run better routes and are just as fast as Fairley. Peabody will be much more disciplined and this will be the ace in the hole. Close first half. But Peabody wins big in second half with a lot more horses in the stable and the half time adjustments they will make.