Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

This should be a great matchup. I’m thinking about making the drive down to watch. Peabody is about the best coached high school  team I have ever seen. Their coaching staff is incredible. I worked chains at their JV game against us and I was thoroughly impressed with those 4 or 5 guys alone not even including the top of their staff. However much you guys are spending on that staff you are getting your money’s worth. I am interested in seeing how y’all play against a team that has as many great athletes as you all do. None of the teams on your schedule were really close Milan maybe SS was athletic nowhere near you guys though. I think Fairley’s staff was smart to develop more weapons to go along with their stud RB and to let them go out and win games without him being the star. But I also expect you guys to catch a big dose of him this week. I think Peabody wins in a battle but I won’t be shocked either way.

3 hours ago, Pater said:

If your part of the coaching staff at Waverly, I highly doubt your opinion is of any value after laying the goose egg. Why dont you go help coach basketball and give some else a better record.

I’m not a Coach. Don’t get butt hurt bc I didn’t pick your team. Peabody will be at Cookeville. You don’t know me from Adam. I have a pretty good inclination of football. Don’t really care who meets Peabody in Cookeville. Peabody gonna box that head and win gold back to back. 

5 hours ago, kwc said:

Hernando is a 6A MS high school. They are in one of the biggest and baddest 6A Regions in MS. If you are unknowledgeable about HS football in Mississippi, then you may look at Fairley's schedule and then look at Hernando's schedule and scratch your head and jump to a conclusion that that was a bad loss for Fairley. It wasn't. It was a smart measuring stick game. 

Hernando, MS is comparable to Haywood. Fairley will be the best team Peabody has faced all year. Peabody will be the 3rd best team Fairley has faced all year. 

19 minutes ago, Salem said:

Hernando, MS is comparable to Haywood. Fairley will be the best team Peabody has faced all year. Peabody will be the 3rd best team Fairley has faced all year. 

Actually my fraternity brother sons plays for Oxford high school and he usually calls me around this time of year a lot talking about football and hunting, we came upon the subject today about Fairley, and I asked him how good Hernando was and he told they were the worst team they played this season so idk

16 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Actually my fraternity brother sons plays for Oxford high school and he usually calls me around this time of year a lot talking about football and hunting, we came upon the subject today about Fairley, and I asked him how good Hernando was and he told they were the worst team they played this season so idk

LOL ... of course he did. Hernando is the worst team in their league. Oxford is the best in the same league. Oxford beat Hernando 36-0 on Nov. 1, 2019. He wasn't exaggerating one bit. We are talking 6A ball here. That doesn't translate to 6A vs 2A In any form or fashion. Totally different ball game altogether.

Context.

Edited by kwc

2 hours ago, toinemac said:

This should be a great matchup. I’m thinking about making the drive down to watch. Peabody is about the best coached high school  team I have ever seen. Their coaching staff is incredible. I worked chains at their JV game against us and I was thoroughly impressed with those 4 or 5 guys alone not even including the top of their staff. However much you guys are spending on that staff you are getting your money’s worth. I am interested in seeing how y’all play against a team that has as many great athletes as you all do. None of the teams on your schedule were really close Milan maybe SS was athletic nowhere near you guys though. I think Fairley’s staff was smart to develop more weapons to go along with their stud RB and to let them go out and win games without him being the star. But I also expect you guys to catch a big dose of him this week. I think Peabody wins in a battle but I won’t be shocked either way.

Are you a union city supporter ?  Did you go to  union city fairley game ? 

7 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

famous last words based on physical talent alone and completely discounting the mental aspect of the game as well as the difficulty in repeating in ANY sport. it happens very rarely. Every time a team wins on any level the "dynasty" is discussed ad nauseum, then the team doesnt even repeat one time.  

Peabody is a smart Football team.  I see where you are going with this.  The elephant is very visual.  You don't want to face Peabody

32 minutes ago, kwc said:

LOL ... of course he did. Hernando is the worst team in their league. Oxford is the best in the same league. Oxford beat Hernando 36-0 on Nov. 1, 2019. He wasn't exaggerating one bit. We are talking 6A ball here. That doesn't translate to 6A vs 2A In any form or fashion. Totally different ball game altogether.

Context.

6A average usually lose to smaller powerhouses.  5A state runner up did not schedule Peabody for obvious reasons