Riverside at Forrest

@38320

10 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I agree totally on this subject. After we tied it up and Fairley made a late push to the goal line their QB ran like 10 yards past the line of scrimmage and threw it for a 20 yard gain. Refs are getting worse and worse each year on blatant rules by not calling them. 

And who hold the refs accountable for the most egregious mistakes?

TSSAA

And who holds the TSSAA acountable?

I'll hang up and listen  

2 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Rockets robbed in state quarterfinal

My final post guys. Godspeed to all. 

I've been pretty understanding w the frustration over the call. Still confused about it but c'mon man you had the ball two more times after the fact. Once starting out on the rhs 38 yard line. Not being smart butt or rubbing it in but u lost. Riverside was the better team this night

6 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

I've been pretty understanding w the frustration over the call. Still confused about it but c'mon man you had the ball two more times after the fact. Once starting out on the rhs 38 yard line. Not being smart butt or rubbing it in but u lost. Riverside was the better team this night

That is the only thing that I've tried my best to keep from putting out there but I will. I went back and watched the game and Forrest was given multiple opportunities to go down and score even after the fact. I know the penalty was enforced wrong and the very next play ended with a Riverside TD, but Forrest did posses the ball twice after the TD so they had their chance(s) to score back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigpun54 said:

We certainly appreciate the understanding but there should be no confusion about the call. Riverside keeping the ball can not be debated -  it was the wrong call. A screw up. With the penalty it's Forrest's ball 1st and 10 at the 7. Punt went out of bounds at the 14. Penalty would be half the distance to the goal. 

Both teams had the ball in the 4th quarter behind on the scoreboard.

RHS was stopped before midfield and was gifted a first down and a 15 yard penalty.

Forrest's last possession ended inside the 8 with yet another horrible call. The ref marked the spot where the players feet touched the line- this is wrong again. Correct spot is where the ball is at that point. Photo below shows how wrong he was. He marked it down where #6's left foot is placed in this shot. The spot was at least 5 foot off and likely closer to 8. Certainly close enough for a measurement. You can't tell exactly where to spot and both sides will argue the position but you can't argue that the ball was not spotted at the correct spot. 

https://www.chapelhillbill.com/p851588476

NF 4-3-3: When a runner goes out of bounds, the inbounds spot is fixed by the yard line through the foremost point of the ball at the time the runner crosses the plane of the sideline.

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I know the penalty was enforced wrong and the very next play ended with a Riverside TD, but Forrest did posses the ball twice after the TD so they had their chance(s) to score back. 

Well the last possession is a sore spot as well that has not been mentioned. :D

See above link. 

24 minutes ago, Salem said:

Well the last possession is a sore spot as well that has not been mentioned. :D

See above link. 

It looks like to pick up the first down, you guys needed to get to the 6 or 5 yard line? He definitely looks short of that by a minimum of at least a yard where the ball is when he steps out. I believe the ball should’ve been marked at the 7 rather the 8 but that would still have you short of a first down. May not have been that precise of a spot but it looks like you guys still would’ve turned it over on the downs anyway. Just trying to clarify from what I’ve looked at. 

600BA836-B3B6-4B97-A578-AA75171BC7FE.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Thank you!!! Glad somebody finally just came out and said it! Been tip toeing around it since Saturday,  Sssssshhh. The better team that night won, period! Let it be apart of your folk lore from now on, but move on, it's over, accept it like the rest of us that lost our chance to advance. In the end there's only one winner and unfortunately it will be neither of us, so let's just enjoy seeing how the rest of this thing plays out!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

Thank you!!! Glad somebody finally just came out and said it! Been tip toeing around it since Saturday,  Sssssshhh. The better team that night won, period! Let it be apart of your folk lore from now on, but move on, it's over, accept it like the rest of us that lost our chance to advance. In the end there's only one winner and unfortunately it will be neither of us, so let's just enjoy seeing how the rest of this thing plays out!

My opinion both teams are lucky to have made the semis next Friday, but it’s football and the playoffs... survive and advance, who cares lol let’s strap em up and see who defends for the West in Cookeville 

Edited by Goldenpride
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

My opinion both teams are lucky to have made the semis next Friday, but it’s football and the playoffs... survive and advance, who cares lol let’s strap em up and see who defends for the West in Cookeville 

Every good team has to have a little luck 

• CoachT locked this topic