Class 1A Quarterfinal Games

Pirate2003

I was just thinking about this. Have all four quarterfinal games ever been more mismatched than these look to be? I don’t really remember four quarterfinal games all looking to be mismatches on paper. What’s the over under that SP, Greenback, Huntingdon, and Lake County all mercy rule their opponents this week?

SP/Gordonsville 

Greenback/Oliver Springs

Huntland/Huntingdon

Lake County/West Carroll

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

I was just thinking about this. Have all four quarterfinal games ever been more mismatched than these look to be? I don’t really remember four quarterfinal games all looking to be mismatches on paper. What’s the over under that SP, Greenback, Huntingdon, and Lake County all mercy rule their opponents this week?

SP/Gordonsville 

Greenback/Oliver Springs

Huntland/Huntingdon

Lake County/West Carroll

I would say you are on to something unless teams get a good lead a make sure they are healthy for next week.

1 minute ago, Pirate2003 said:

No it will be at Greenback. I think the home field will make them a slight favorite in the semifinals. Provided we make it. Home field advantage is big in HS football. 

Yea that’s why I was asking. Both are really good teams. I’m going to watch the Huntingdon vs Lake County game and it’s going to be just as good. The championship game is going to be awesome!

1 minute ago, Pirate2003 said:

No it will be at Greenback. I think the home field will make them a slight favorite in the semifinals. Provided we make it. Home field advantage is big in HS football. 

I think that’s what gives Huntingdon a slight advantage if they can get out of Huntland with a win and healthy. Playing at home against Lake Co.