Trousdale at Meigs: The Rematch to go to Cookeville

tcjacket13

9 minutes ago, RTD said:

Rankiins will be back next year. Swafford has a great arm. Meigs should throw a lot more the kid always seems to keep his cool in the pocket. He never seems to be flustered he deserves that Mr. Football again. Congratulations. 

Meigs hasn't had to throw much this year and in their only loss this season they were missing their tallest receiver and were just banged up. They actually pass much better now that they're healthier and have that receiver playing again. I thought they'd be more effective passing tonight, but Trousdale's defense had a lot to do with keeping Meigs from hitting the big one.
In the postgame television interview by Coach Fitzgerald, he commended his team for fighting back to beat a great Trousdale team that is full of tradition.

Great game by two great teams. Both should be proud. Really could have went either way and went down to the end.

Just watched chanel 12 news and it showed the final Trousdale attempt for 2. I wasnt in position to see it up close but it was clear on the news angle that even after he was tackled and fell on 52 he was still within a good half to full yard short of of the white goal line. 

Just tough game of inches or a yard but number 5 for TC is no doubt a beast and I am saying he has Mr Football type potential next year

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Speed on the edge could be the nemesis for Meigs. It's hard to simulate in practice when you don't have similar speed for your defenders to practice against. 
Is Peabody a disciplined team that is coached well? What weaknesses did you see in their offense and defense?

We honestly are great on the edges. I believe we schemed the big runs up the middle more than anything. We were able to keep that in check mostly, but gave up large plays on the edge 2nd half of the game. Was enough to keep the score close. Hopefully we will figure something out for Peabody.

5 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Great game by two great teams. Both should be proud. Really could have went either way and went down to the end.

Just watched chanel 12 news and it showed the final Trousdale attempt for 2. I wasnt in position to see it up close but it was clear on the news angle that even after he was tackled and fell on 52 he was still within a good half to full yard short of of the white goal line. 

Just tough game of inches or a yard but number 5 for TC is no doubt a beast and I am saying he has Mr Football type potential next year

I just watched it to, And you can see he was short about a yard, I was standing right in front of the play on the fence. You could clearly see he was short.

2 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I just watched it to, And you can see he was short about a yard, I was standing right in front of the play on the fence. You could clearly see he was short.

Good its settled now we can get our reservations for Cookeville.  

One last thing. I was impressed with TC band crowd and fan support. They brought it

10 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

We honestly are great on the edges. I believe we schemed the big runs up the middle more than anything. We were able to keep that in check mostly, but gave up large plays on the edge 2nd half of the game. Was enough to keep the score close. Hopefully we will figure something out for Peabody.

Peabody likes to throw down the field to their WR. Their run game is similar to what Meigs does with the power run game.