Peabody at Riverside Semi-finals

@38320

I also want to add for all of you who think Peabody is so cocky....  Please search Facebook for Peabody Golden Tide Football's page.   Check out the video that was shared of the Peabody players lifting up that emotional Fairley Bulldog player off the ground.  They lifted him up and multiple players came to give a pat on the back.  These kids are emotionally wrapped up in these games.  Losses hurt.  Especially when it's the end of the road.  Huge props to our guys for being the stand up players they are.  Our coaches go above and beyond teaching these kids football.  They're teaching them to be team players, future leaders of their families, to play the game with integrity and grace....    Say what you will about us "cocky fans", but you can never say that about the brotherhood that the team is.   If you glance over that page, you'll see how our players donate their Saturdays to spend time with special needs children or simply go enjoy a Thanksgiving meal with our local nursing home and rehab facility.     Our boys are truly what Friday Night Lights is all about.   Please consider all that as you read about our program , or watch our past games.  This team is truly special.  It's not just a football team.  It's a team that truly loves giving back to our community.  It's a team that marches onto that field with the American Flag flying first and foremost.   It's a team that truly loves the game, our community, and our country.    This team is special.  Our team isn't invincible, but they won't quit fighting until that final buzzer sounds.  I've never seen a team like this one.  It's special.   I'm sure proud to be a fan and to get to witness this team's amazing year.  

Edited by TPeabodyGT
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

I also want to add for all of you who think Peabody is so cocky....  Please search Facebook for Peabody Golden Tide Football's page.   Check out the video that was shared of the Peabody players lifting up that emotional Fairley Bulldog player off the ground.  They lifted him up and multiple players came to give a pat on the back.  These kids are emotionally wrapped up in these games.  Losses hurt.  Especially when it's the end of the road.  Huge props to our guys for being the stand up players they are.  Our coaches go above and beyond teaching these kids football.  They're teaching them to be team players, future leaders of their families, to play the game with integrity and grace....    Say what you will about us "cocky fans", but you can never say that about the brotherhood that the team is.   If you glance over that page, you'll see how our players donate their Saturdays to spend time with special needs children or simply go enjoy a Thanksgiving meal with our local nursing home and rehab facility.     Our boys are truly what Friday Night Lights is all about.   Please consider all that as you read about our program , or watch our past games.  This team is truly special.  It's not just a football team.  It's a team that truly loves giving back to our community.  It's a team that marches onto that field with the American Flag flying first and foremost.   It's a team that truly loves the game, our community, and our country.    This team is special.  Our team isn't invincible, but they won't quit fighting until that final buzzer sounds.  I've never seen a team like this one.  It's special.   I'm sure proud to be a fan and to get to witness this team's amazing year.  

:thumb: yessir 

Pulling for Riverside as my Wife graduated from there.........and my sister in law.........my Nephew...............

Been watching the program for 38 years and this is the farthest I can ever remember y'all going.

Gentlemen the Gold Ball is great.  I know as my son got two Silver ones and a Gold one playing for Riverdale under Rankin.

Now y'all execute and get one.  Keep telling yourselves "Two more games to WIN!"!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

I saw it..someone posted a link on the Huntingdon LC thread..

class...You either coach that or let it not happen.. good job by your coaches and young men.

29 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Yes I read that article truly inspirational y’all should be proud 

I agree with the posts. That fumble victory formation snap showed the character as a team we have. Bryce Franks said “no sir” and went all out to force a bad snap. You can see he timed it perfectly and that center wasn’t expecting that, so hats off to the coaches to never say never in anything and showing these kids what the three F’s are all about. Faith’ Family’ Football

I think this time of year you throw "favorites" out the window ! This is a very interesting semis match up to say the least ! Anyone care to share some playmakers and ballers to watch for the Panthers ! All I know is they are extremely well coached and seem to be a close nit group of kids. 3 for Peabody is fine but if he wasnt 7 steps in and is well above avg. at the Q.B position 4 is fast and a load and must be used more by PHS to have a chance to advance ! What say you Tide and Panther Nation ??? No real rivalry here other than the game at hand, so I dont expect fireworks on this thread but who knows... 

8 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I think this time of year you throw "favorites" out the window ! This is a very interesting semis match up to say the least ! Anyone care to share some playmakers and ballers to watch for the Panthers ! All I know is they are extremely well coached and seem to be a close nit group of kids. 3 for Peabody is fine but if he wasnt 7 steps in and is well above avg. at the Q.B position 4 is fast and a load and must be used more by PHS to have a chance to advance ! What say you Tide and Panther Nation ??? No real rivalry here other than the game at hand, so I dont expect fireworks on this thread but who knows... 

I watched the riverside Forrest game. I’m pretty sure the qb that has helped turn them around is Carson Hehe. I can’t remember the running backs names. They did a lot of read option where he would run out to the edge with the option to hand off if he had no where to go. 

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I watched the riverside Forrest game. I’m pretty sure the qb that has helped turn them around is Carson Hehe. I can’t remember the running backs names. They did a lot of read option where he would run out to the edge with the option to hand off if he had no where to go. 

So discipline for our D will be key, we have the speed to contain that type of play,we are very used to that style outta our Purple and Gold friends up the way a bit !!