1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

19 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

You all were in a 5-2 with a roll down safety. Almost every snap, the linebackers flew into the line of scrimmage and got caught up in the mess rather than scraping over the top. All LC had to do on some of the big plays was wash and kick and they were gone. Almost 7-8 players were getting caught up in the LOS and nobody was there for the safety outlet. 

Just want to throw this out there...

Not sure what you are in college for, I know it has been mentioned, but just from some of the talk on here, you should consider some form of coaching if you were interested in it. It seems like you know what you are talking about. 

5 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Just want to throw this out there...

Not sure what you are in college for, I know it has been mentioned, but just from some of the talk on here, you should consider some form of coaching if you were interested in it. It seems like you know what you are talking about. 

I’m not going to turn down the idea, but gonna make sure these 5-6 years of college don’t go in vain. Especially with what I’m planning on going into lol. But yes, I will always be interested in coaching. If it’s not on the field, I’ll be doing it from the stands. Either or. 

35 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I’m not going to turn down the idea, but gonna make sure these 5-6 years of college don’t go in vain. Especially with what I’m planning on going into lol. But yes, I will always be interested in coaching. If it’s not on the field, I’ll be doing it from the stands. Either or. 

Could always be a volunteer coach if the job and timing allows it.

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

You all were in a 5-2 with a roll down safety. Almost every snap, the linebackers flew into the line of scrimmage and got caught up in the mess rather than scraping over the top. All LC had to do on some of the big plays was wash and kick and they were gone. Almost 7-8 players were getting caught up in the LOS and nobody was there for the safety outlet. 

Now technically speaking we weren’t ever in a 5-2 we run  a 3-4.  The 2 olb’s play up and out on the los. I get what your saying though. I was specifically asking about our 2 inside guys. The weak side inside linebacker was playing on a severely sprained ankle. I was just wondering if they were both “getting caught up in the wash” or just not able to get there at all. Most of the damage done was in the first half when we were playing him. He’s a great player, but undersized and honestly was probably about 30%. I sure wish we had went with the kid that played the 2nd half from the get go. Wouldn’t have mattered in the long run, Lake County was clearly better than us.

Edited by Mustang1969

8 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Now technically speaking we weren’t ever in a 5-2 we run  a 3-4.  The 2 olb’s play up and out on the los. I get what your saying though. I was specifically asking about our 2 inside guys. The weak side inside linebacker was playing on a severely sprained ankle. I was just wondering if they were “getting caught up in the wash” or just not able to get there at all. 

Okay yes. But they would still have the same responsibilities as a 5-2 defense would when it comes to stopping the run. And that’s pretty much what happened. 1 OL was taking out 2-3 players due to the LB’s getting caught in the LOS. 

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

All I have watched is your all’s Huntingdon game and I could’ve told you that you would be successful running the ball. I just wouldn’t have said 350 yards lol. The thing I think helps GB in this one is that LC likes to run the ball from the gun. I feel like we play better against the run when teams try to run from the gun. Don’t hold me to it, but I feel like you will have to pass the ball for at least 100 yards this game. Because you’re not gonna rush for another 350. Thoughts from you? 

From what I can tell Greenback will have alot of success throwing the ball. The kees run game will be non existent. LC will have alot of success on the ground and will get more than your 100 yard mark passing. If the kees run the ball for 150 and LC gets 100 passing we got a great game on our hands. From what I have seen LC is the more physical team. Everyone says LC is big and slow. Big yes, slow by no means. Just ask some of our opponents. You can only see so much on film. I think it will be a great game. Greenback has a great receiving crew and good qb. Lake County has seen the best qb they are going to see already this season. No slight at no kid or anybody. If you watched the Huntingdon game basically all you seen was Lake County's base offense and defense. Like I said film really doesn't do either team justice. Good luck to you guys.

20 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Okay yes. But they would still have the same responsibilities as a 5-2 defense would when it comes to stopping the run. And that’s pretty much what happened. 1 OL was taking out 2-3 players due to the LB’s getting caught in the LOS. 

Coaching would be good for you. You sound like you know your stuff. Me, I'm just an old guy who has been around for awhile.

• CoachT locked this topic