1A State Championship Lake County vs Greenback

orngnblk

On 11/30/2019 at 1:34 PM, Guidance1812 said:

I love it, yaw still don’t get it 

nothing against a great huntingdon football team , but all those ways we gonna win, or the ways to beat lake county , 

answer is figure out the coach, he did exactly what he wanted too last night, you saw us run it down the middle , no need to pass , 

defense sized yaw up early, was a good game

It was 11 minutes left in the game when you made your first 1st down of the 2nd half LC made some big plays but got stuffed a bunch also.

18 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Parker Hughes from Elizabethton may be the best wideout in the state.  Would love to see him and 23 on the same team. 

He had 3 TDs Friday night. Bet he makes some plays for Elizabethton to win the gold ball. Cade Russell had a INT Friday night to.

Edited by Appvol

7 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

It was 11 minutes left in the game when you made your first 1st down of the 2nd half LC made some big plays but got stuffed a bunch also.

Very true. Huntingdon adjusted real well to what we were doing. It took awhile for LC to adjust to it. Huntingdon is a great team. You couldn't told me LC would only throw the ball 3 times for 0 yards and win the game. I was surprised by that. Line play on both sides of the ball won the game for LC. If the Mustangs fans are truthful I bet they would have said no way LC rushes for around 350 yards against them. I don't think either team had a first down in the 3rd quarter. Not totally sure about last statement.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Very true. Huntingdon adjusted real well to what we were doing. It took awhile for LC to adjust to it. Huntingdon is a great team. You couldn't told me LC would only throw the ball 3 times for 0 yards and win the game. I was surprised by that. Line play on both sides of the ball won the game for LC. If the Mustangs fans are truthful I bet they would have said no way LC rushes for around 350 yards against them. I don't think either team had a first down in the 3rd quarter. Not totally sure about last statement.

Absolutely. I would have taken any bet that you wouldn’t rush for 150 much less 350. I hope someone posts game film to YouTube to see where exactly our lb’ers were on those gapping holes.

15 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Greenback brings the gold home in this one. Lake county has a great team, but I believe Greenback is a bit better. 

Im just ready for THIS week to start.We seem to go backwards sometimes.It was an instant CLASSIC but this the next step!Hope to see you again and i know you want to see us also!Good luck and Thank you.

34 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Absolutely. I would have taken any bet that you wouldn’t rush for 150 much less 350. I hope someone posts game film to YouTube to see where exactly our lb’ers were on those gapping holes.

You all were in a 5-2 with a roll down safety. Almost every snap, the linebackers flew into the line of scrimmage and got caught up in the mess rather than scraping over the top. All LC had to do on some of the big plays was wash and kick and they were gone. Almost 7-8 players were getting caught up in the LOS and nobody was there for the safety outlet. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

All I have watched is your all’s Huntingdon game and I could’ve told you that you would be successful running the ball. I just wouldn’t have said 350 yards lol. The thing I think helps GB in this one is that LC likes to run the ball from the gun. I feel like we play better against the run when teams try to run from the gun. Don’t hold me to it, but I feel like you will have to pass the ball for at least 100 yards this game. Because you’re not gonna rush for another 350. Thoughts from you? 

• CoachT locked this topic