Tennessee....Shot Clock or Not?

RealisticFan45

I don’t see it as big need.  Most games these days are played with pressure and trapping.  Not many 40-45 second possessions.  It’s mostly 2-3 passes and jack a 3 or drive to basket.  Probably would just result in even worse shots than we see already.  But it wouldn’t do anything to improve the level of play.

also everyone that questions why Sally not getting offers like  Betty is. Set shooting Sally hits 5 ,3 pointers a game , but Betty is long athletic moves good more upside gettin up and down court more favorable to a shot clock and these coaches that recruit and thier career lively hood depends on it , and local people get butt hurt cause set shootin Sally not gettin no looks. Shot clock eliminates or distances" the one trick ponies." My 2 cents.

• Like 1

I'm on the fence. We (as a team) would adjust, if added. We played a team the other day that we defended possessions of 1:02 minutes, 46 seconds, and 41 seconds...all in the 1st quarter. That wasn't a stall method by our opponent, they simply could not get a shot off. I think we could use it to our advantage....but we have also used the no shot clock to our advantage late in quarters, if we are trying to pull our opponent out of a zone.

I see it being a problem, specifically in inner city schools with the cost of buying two shot clocks per gym. Have there been any issues by adding it in football?