Jump to content

Inter-Divisional Internet Championships


NotSurprised
 Share

Recommended Posts

The difference between the public schools and the private schools can be seen dramatically in middle school.  The public middle schools (especially Cleveland and Lake Forest) dominate the private middle schools.  The privates catch-up and often pass the public schools once they start to recruit.  Many Cleveland and Bradley Country athletes end up at Baylor and McCallie and no one blames the kids for taking advantage of the opportunity.  But I think the separation makes sense especially for dual championships.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2020 at 5:59 PM, cobrakid8 said:

Maybe back in the day Collins Hill, but pretty sure Baylor would have slapped them around this season. Baylor was loaded and I think they would also have had a shot with Camden. As far as the rest of the state, Camden isn’t even close to the biggest school in your state and still would have the highest student population of any TN high school, Collins Hill would be about 1000 more than our highest Collierville. Now maybe if you said Jefferson I would agree, they of course would still be considered a big school in TN instead of a AAA school as they are in Georgia. But again still not sure which if any GA teams would have beaten baylor this year. 

Collins Hill had 6 in the state finals and won 5 of them.....check out their new coaching staff.....and I think had 11 medalists......in 7A.

Edited by RMC
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RMC said:

Collins Hill had 6 in the state finals and won 5 of them.....check out their new coaching staff.....and I think had 11 medalists......in 7A.

Let’s be real....there are 7 divisions with 16 man brackets....Brookwood being the 3rd best team in CH division. You better be placing 11.

CH from back in the day.....most definitely could have competed, maybe beat Baylor..... no way they compete this year though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, cbg said:

If your predictions were true the results would be as follows:

D2 10 State Champions

D1A-AA 2 State Champions

D1AAA 2 State Champions

Folks the gap is only getting wider since the split.  You cannot legislate competition in any shape form or fashion.  If the D1 schools want to close the gap on the D2 schools they must be an advocate to put everyone back together for the individual state championships.  Iron truly sharpens iron and it would force everyone to step up their game.  

Agreed... Why not? Never made sense to me. They all put their pants on the same way, right?

Duals, I'm good with... Cleveland and Baylor should schedule out for an elite midseason tri or quad with some invitations,,, e. g., Blackman, Ryan, Wilson Central, Science Hill/DB etc

Edited by Sommers
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Let’s be real....there are 7 divisions with 16 man brackets....Brookwood being the 3rd best team in CH division. You better be placing 11.

CH from back in the day.....most definitely could have competed, maybe beat Baylor..... no way they compete this year though.

CH or Archer from back in the day would beat just about any team in the Southeast, now or back then.  They were both Top 10 teams Nationally.  

The only team in GA this season that could compete with Baylor is Woodland-Cartersville.  That would be a fun dual to watch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mattpitts said:

CH or Archer from back in the day would beat just about any team in the Southeast, now or back then.  They were both Top 10 teams Nationally.  

The only team in GA this season that could compete with Baylor is Woodland-Cartersville.  That would be a fun dual to watch.

Agree.......I wasn't sure if Woodland and Baylor saw each other this year.   I remember when my son was a senior at CH......we lost to Blair.....33-30.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RMC said:

Agree.......I wasn't sure if Woodland and Baylor saw each other this year.   I remember when my son was a senior at CH......we lost to Blair.....33-30.

 

Sadly they did not, but I agree with Matt, Woodland Cartersville would easily be a test if not beat Baylor, they won the 5A 47-15 in the finals and they also beat Collins hill 56-18 this past season. They are tough as nails and they killed it at the McCallie Tourney.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Sadly they did not, but I agree with Matt, Woodland Cartersville would easily be a test if not beat Baylor, they won the 5A 47-15 in the finals and they also beat Collins hill 56-18 this past season. They are tough as nails and they killed it at the McCallie Tourney.

Woodland I think be a 50/50 match with Baylor and they are a public school and not even in largest division in GA so all these people on here complaining  about the unfair advantage the private’s have need to give it a rest

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, durdon said:

Woodland I think be a 50/50 match with Baylor and they are a public school and not even in largest division in GA so all these people on here complaining  about the unfair advantage the private’s have need to give it a rest

Woodland has an enrollment of 1575 or about so right around where Cleveland has, so yes they would be a large school in TN, it’s just because GA has some schools that have over 3k students is why they are not in the highest classification while Collins Hill is. Also it seems in GA the power switches every few years on who the best is depending I am guessing on coaching. CH back before you ever came along in late 90’s ran roughshod over people even into the 2000’s. Buford took a turn and some others took a turn ever since. Unlike with Bradley and Cleveland pretty much taking the reigns in TN with a Soddy thrown in for good measure(I think since 1998 only two teams from outside Chattanooga area has won a AAA or when only 2 split a non private school team title and that was Clarksville in 2000 and Franklin in 05). 
 

 Also if you don’t think Privates don’t have an unfair advantage I don’t know what to tell you. If they didn’t why is your son there at McCallie and why is your best friends son going to Blair? Both private schools and one in which the school recruited an athlete from Over 700 miles away! In my best ESPN voiceover C’mon Man! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Woodland has an enrollment of 1575 or about so right around where Cleveland has, so yes they would be a large school in TN, it’s just because GA has some schools that have over 3k students is why they are not in the highest classification while Collins Hill is. Also it seems in GA the power switches every few years on who the best is depending I am guessing on coaching. CH back before you ever came along in late 90’s ran roughshod over people even into the 2000’s. Buford took a turn and some others took a turn ever since. Unlike with Bradley and Cleveland pretty much taking the reigns in TN with a Soddy thrown in for good measure(I think since 1998 only two teams from outside Chattanooga area has won a AAA or when only 2 split a non private school team title and that was Clarksville in 2000 and Franklin in 05). 
 

 Also if you don’t think Privates don’t have an unfair advantage I don’t know what to tell you. If they didn’t why is your son there at McCallie and why is your best friends son going to Blair? Both private schools and one in which the school recruited an athlete from Over 700 miles away! In my best ESPN voiceover C’mon Man! 

What does recruiting have to do with INDIVIDUAL STATE CHAMPIONS?  I fully understand the separation along whatever lines are required for team state championships but I am talking about individual state championships.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...