FANLESS HIGH SCHOOL GAMES

54 minutes ago, team69 said:

New Jersey has had 15,000 deaths to tenn. 550. NJ is about the size of Memphis. With 3 times the people...apples and oranges

Yeah that is apples and oranges big time. TN has done well so far. Hopefully we are experiencing what Italy believes is happening there where they feel the virus has mutated into a much weaker one and hopefully decipates on it’s own.

Edited by pioneer42

All I am getting at is once other states start cancelling seasons then I am sure Tennessee is going to follow suit. They are not going to want to be that state that does not cancel and something bad happens. With all the school guidelines, it almost seems impossible to play football. I want a season just as bad as anyone, have a feeling if high schools cancel then we are going to see club teams form. There is all kinds of camps and travel ball going on currently. Football is the money source for almost every high school, so not having a season is going to cause a ton of problems. 

Some school districts may decide to play, what happens if one does and others dont? Will that be a forfeit, will those schools have to pay the schools that can play? So many questions to be answered and it seems we are running out of time. Moving football to the spring may be an option, but then again thats going to cause a lot of issues to. Going to be interesting how everything plays out. 

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Its gonna become a reality the closer we get to the season. There is just too much going against it at this point.

You have states that keep on putting off game practice measures. Which makes a season less and less likely the longer it lasts. Seemingly the thought process is to prepare and hope that they get to play.

In addition to what you mentioned above some states have come out and talked about measures for returning to Fall sports and have Football in a category of its own with stricter requirements. I believe it was Washington for example that has all sports returning to normal in Phase 3 of their reopening but Football can't return until Phase 4.

Then you just have the simple matter of athletics being an extension of the school. You can't have completely different guidelines for schools and then athletics.

Our school system is going to a hybrid model where kids only go 2 days a week and are split into groups so that desks can be spaced 6-feet apart in the classroom. The kids won't be eating in the cafeteria. Only one at a time in the restrooms. And only one person per seat on the bus.

Now look at those measures and apply them towards sports.

If the kids have to be 6-feet apart at school and avoiding groups larger than 10-12 then how can you say its okay to have a normal Friday night at the football field with kids shoulder to shoulder on the sidelines or in the huddle. Not to mention the fans.

The same with concessions. If the kids can't eat within 6-feet of each other then how do you do concessions unless you have something like designated eating areas.

Restrooms? I went to a game last year where the restrooms didn't even have soap dispensers. And have been to several in the past where they weren't stocked with soap and/or toilet paper. But think about the restrooms and concessions at halftime. Are they only gonna allow one person at a time the same as the school?

Then you have transportation. If kids are only allowed one per seat for school then how can you say its different for sporting events. This isn't as big of an issue but one that still needs to be taken in consideration.

What about the restrictions on group sizes for gatherings? Many of your cities have their own mandated restrictions on group sizes allowed for social gatherings. Does that not apply?

All of this at a time when the numbers just keep going up ahead of the curve in most of your larger areas. If those trends continue how likely will sports or even in-person school in general be if Davidson, Shelby, Hamilton, Wilson Counties etc. have to shut down.

And finally how do you tell families that couldn't go to High School Graduations that its okay for them to go to sporting events?

School was stopped in general not just ceremonies. It's not like they were having school and decided not to have a graduation. Alot more information about the virus is available now including countermeasures in how to prevent not only contraction of the virus, but how to not spread the virus in the first place. That said alot of the other states when restrictions were eased went back to their old habits and went on as if the virus had went away. In order to keep restrictions eased we have to keep measures for safety against it going. Our country cant survive another shutdown like we had most likely.

20 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says if there is No football, they will be No TSSAA anymore. TSSAA can not survive without the feuding!  So you figure the rest out! 

Yep I have heard that. . I read the executive order the guy posted above and to me even TN has compared apples and oranges in a lot of ways.  Several counties in West TN for a long stretch had 0 active cases and couldn’t even go live in basketball. The governor has obviously done no one no favors especially with verbage. Looks like lots of counties have been penalized and put into a broad category where IMO counties should have had some say so or different verbage on the order. From what I have gathered, TSSAA is just setting back and not active with meetings from what I have gathered. Who ultimately makes the call? Just on the outside looking in, looks like they are expecting football. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

School was stopped in general not just ceremonies. It's not like they were having school and decided not to have a graduation. Alot more information about the virus is available now including countermeasures in how to prevent not only contraction of the virus, but how to not spread the virus in the first place. That said alot of the other states when restrictions were eased went back to their old habits and went on as if the virus had went away. In order to keep restrictions eased we have to keep measures for safety against it going. Our country cant survive another shutdown like we had most likely.

My nephew had his graduation last week and only parents were allowed. What is gonna change in the next month?

Just now, steelcityroller said:

My nephew had his graduation last week and only parents were allowed. What is gonna change in the next month?

No one knows, I'm just saying decisions aren't being made now because of the kill all virus... Now we know something about it and know what measures work. For example... all those states that have huge spikes in cases are states that people act like the virus has went away and are dwelling in old places with old habits and acting like the old normalcy is ok. Now we know that masks (supposedly) help, keeping distance is a good way to prevent spreading and the contraction of the virus, it dies in heat fairly easy, doesnt have a long shelf life on surfaces and imo the best part is taking temperatures at entrances as a precaution has helped alot most workplaces do it now schools are doing it before allowing kids to gather together. I'm saying in general we know more of what we are doing. Everyone just has to take it serious and  take precautions and it will continue to show a regression in numbers of contractions. Just my opinion.

Trousdale was hit hard because of the prison outbreak; however, some of the regulations above still seem ridiculous.  The school age group is rarely affected by this virus. We are giving free testing to anyone who wants it and thousands of healthy people with no sign of disease are popping positive. The media is blowing it out of proportion. As someone else said as long as games aren't scheduled in nursing homes we are good to go. 

Most school districts have Plan A, B, and C in place based on the # of active cases in their county. Youth baseball and softball all weekend tournaments are going on all over the southeast with no problems. Club wresting camps with live wrestling are in full swing. Our school graduated last week and it was just like always. 

7 minutes ago, Salem said:

Trousdale was hit hard because of the prison outbreak; however, some of the regulations above still seem ridiculous.  The school age group is rarely affected by this virus. We are giving free testing to anyone who wants it and thousands of healthy people with no sign of disease are popping positive. The media is blowing it out of proportion. As someone else said as long as games aren't scheduled in nursing homes we are good to go. 

Most school districts have Plan A, B, and C in place based on the # of active cases in their county. Youth baseball and softball all weekend tournaments are going on all over the southeast with no problems. Club wresting camps with live wrestling are in full swing. Our school graduated last week and it was just like always. 

Long story short once they allow groups of 22 to be able to gather, football will be played. :ph34r:

Youth baseball and softball all weekend tournaments are going on all over the southeast with no problems.

I've seen this going on as well, and I've noticed hardly any difference between what use to be a normal gathering of fans and a post Covid-19 gathering. Most people see it as a non issue or don't seem to be worried about it. 

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Long story short once they allow groups of 22 to be able to gather, football will be played. :ph34r:

Youth baseball and softball all weekend tournaments are going on all over the southeast with no problems.

I've seen this going on as well, and I've noticed hardly any difference between what use to be a normal gathering of fans and a post Covid-19 gathering. Most people see it as a non issue or don't seem to be worried about it. 

The only difference is liability. Kids aren't paying much attention to it but when you are we the one that's held accountable its a whole new ballgame.

4 minutes ago, team69 said:

The only difference is liability. Kids aren't paying much attention to it but when you are we the one that's held accountable its a whole new ballgame.

I agree with you, problem is everyone is accountable when it comes to finalizing statistics. I mean it's great and all for the ones attending the games without worries. However if you catch it or it spreads because of a lapse of basic precaution, stuff like that is what causes higher restrictions etc. I mean honestly if one kid gets it on the team how do you deal with that. Do you keep every kid at home away from school, practice, games until everyone has a negative test back? Or do you not worry about it go ahead and play and take that chance? ( there is a correct answer ) My point is if I was a player or parent I'd not put myself in that situation unless I could help it. Let's face it it wouldnt take much to derail this school year much less sports. And trust me I really want to see some football be played on Fridays.

14 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I agree with you, problem is everyone is accountable when it comes to finalizing statistics. I mean it's great and all for the ones attending the games without worries. However if you catch it or it spreads because of a lapse of basic precaution, stuff like that is what causes higher restrictions etc. I mean honestly if one kid gets it on the team how do you deal with that. Do you keep every kid at home away from school, practice, games until everyone has a negative test back? Or do you not worry about it go ahead and play and take that chance? ( there is a correct answer ) My point is if I was a player or parent I'd not put myself in that situation unless I could help it. Let's face it it wouldnt take much to derail this school year much less sports. And trust me I really want to see some football be played on Fridays.

Soon as they start making these kids get tested its going to shock alot of people. 

10 minutes ago, team69 said:

Who's liability? So certain businesses or organizations are liable if someone catches an illness there? Others are exempt?  Has an organization ever been held liable for a person catching the flu and being hospitalized or dying?