FANLESS HIGH SCHOOL GAMES

2 hours ago, Guy001 said:

I am afraid sir you are correct.  There may be an attempt to start but it'll look like bball season last.

If that were the case, they do have proposals on the table for starting in December and January. Now, that would be awful for other sports , but it is on the table.

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I haven’t heard that. NFL and college will be playing. Where are you hearing HS is not playing? I talked to TSSAA last week and I didn’t get that impression. 

Did they say anything about potentially playing in the spring? I talked to an AD last week and he said that they had been asked about it.

3 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Did they say anything about potentially playing in the spring? I talked to an AD last week and he said that they had been asked about it.

Guy I spoke to said it will be up to schools to decide whether they play or not and if they are in school he sees them playing. College players got it left and right with no symptoms or little symptoms. Until society accepts this virus and moves on sports will look like a pick up game every week. He didn’t say any thing about the spring. Even after a vaccine people will still be infected and die. People get infected and die with Flu every year and we have a vaccine for it. Until this virus is perceived as a flu type virus sports will never be the same even if they do play. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Guy I spoke to said it will be up to schools to decide whether they play or not and if they are in school he sees them playing. College players got it left and right with no symptoms or little symptoms. Until society accepts this virus and moves on sports will look like a pick up game every week. He didn’t say any thing about the spring. Even after a vaccine people will still be infected and die. People get infected and die with Flu every year and we have a vaccine for it. Until this virus is perceived as a flu type virus sports will never be the same even if they do play. 

Infecting the heard may be our only solution in the end. Sucks for us older people but it is what it is. The old people may have watched their last live game.

1 hour ago, team69 said:

Infecting the heard may be our only solution in the end. Sucks for us older people but it is what it is. The old people may have watched their last live game.

I will be cautious of a vaccine and do research but hopefully the tide will change when they get a vaccine. That way you will at least have antibodies in your system if you get the vaccine. If I was a school AD I would get temperature testing at the door. Nobody enters the gate with a temperature above normal. Last case scenario I would wear a mask to games if it was the only way to get in door. They say a vaccine will be here by January. We will see.  I am not young either so I hope it will OK at some point. Just hope the freak out and fear tones down because it is here looks like vaccine or not.

• Like 1

Unless we are playing at nursing homes, we should start doing things like always. People are going to get virus with little or no effect on 99% of them. Death rate is going down each day. If someone gets it , send them home . When do we find out about what can be done after dead period? Kids need to get back on the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ecu said:

Unless we are playing at nursing homes, we should start doing things like always. People are going to get virus with little or no effect on 99% of them. Death rate is going down each day. If someone gets it , send them home . When do we find out about what can be done after dead period? Kids need to get back on the field.

That Executive Order is supposed to expire June 30th. I am like you. This virus is around. We need to learn to live with it and take precautions but get back to normal. We can’t live in fear forever. 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

New Jersey just cancelled Week 0 and Week 1 games. I am afraid this is just the beginning unfortunately. 

Its gonna become a reality the closer we get to the season. There is just too much going against it at this point.

You have states that keep on putting off game practice measures. Which makes a season less and less likely the longer it lasts. Seemingly the thought process is to prepare and hope that they get to play.

In addition to what you mentioned above some states have come out and talked about measures for returning to Fall sports and have Football in a category of its own with stricter requirements. I believe it was Washington for example that has all sports returning to normal in Phase 3 of their reopening but Football can't return until Phase 4.

Then you just have the simple matter of athletics being an extension of the school. You can't have completely different guidelines for schools and then athletics.

Our school system is going to a hybrid model where kids only go 2 days a week and are split into groups so that desks can be spaced 6-feet apart in the classroom. The kids won't be eating in the cafeteria. Only one at a time in the restrooms. And only one person per seat on the bus.

Now look at those measures and apply them towards sports.

If the kids have to be 6-feet apart at school and avoiding groups larger than 10-12 then how can you say its okay to have a normal Friday night at the football field with kids shoulder to shoulder on the sidelines or in the huddle. Not to mention the fans.

The same with concessions. If the kids can't eat within 6-feet of each other then how do you do concessions unless you have something like designated eating areas.

Restrooms? I went to a game last year where the restrooms didn't even have soap dispensers. And have been to several in the past where they weren't stocked with soap and/or toilet paper. But think about the restrooms and concessions at halftime. Are they only gonna allow one person at a time the same as the school?

Then you have transportation. If kids are only allowed one per seat for school then how can you say its different for sporting events. This isn't as big of an issue but one that still needs to be taken in consideration.

What about the restrictions on group sizes for gatherings? Many of your cities have their own mandated restrictions on group sizes allowed for social gatherings. Does that not apply?

All of this at a time when the numbers just keep going up ahead of the curve in most of your larger areas. If those trends continue how likely will sports or even in-person school in general be if Davidson, Shelby, Hamilton, Wilson Counties etc. have to shut down.

And finally how do you tell families that couldn't go to High School Graduations that its okay for them to go to sporting events?

Edited by steelcityroller

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

New Jersey just cancelled Week 0 and Week 1 games. I am afraid this is just the beginning unfortunately. 

New Jersey has had 15,000 deaths to tenn. 550. NJ is about the size of Memphis. With 3 times the people...apples and oranges