Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

On 12/30/2020 at 10:01 PM, pioneer42 said:

I would rank them Clarkrange, Summertown, Loretto and Gibson County with McKenzie, Pickett County, Union City, Greenfield and Peabody right behind them. The reason I rank Gibson County 4th is because they are not as experienced but man they continue to amaze me the way they have played this year. They took a really experienced and good South Gibson team to the woodshed today that was playing lights out. I was shocked the way they blew them out of the gym by 35 like that. Single A is loaded this year.

Clarkrange is not in the top 5 right now, played 4 games in 22 days, playing with NO energy in first half of each of those 4 games and falling behind, Coach Rogers, is constantly being very critical to the girls ( especially upper classmen) and never has anything positive to say.  Right now he has pretty much lost the respect of his team the way he treats them and is more worried about next years team than this years so he can coach his grand daughter.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NotsoFast said:

Clarkrange is not in the top 5 right now, played 4 games in 22 days, playing with NO energy in first half of each of those 4 games and falling behind, Coach Rogers, is constantly being very critical to the girls ( especially upper classmen) and never has anything positive to say.  Right now he has pretty much lost the respect of his team the way he treats them and is more worried about next years team than this years so he can coach his grand daughter.

I don’t buy that. It is the holidays and turkey and dressing and pies. Gibson County went through the motions a couple of games this week. Beat Obion County by 13, beat a Bradford team by 14. Bradford lost to South Gibson by 43. Gibson County beat South Gibson by 35. So figure that out. Our girls go through similar stuff year end year out. I bet you are a parent like me. He is just toughening them up for the late run. They will be fine and are my number 1. Fine basketball team and great program.

Edited by pioneer42

31 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

Gibson Co. is going to be tough to beat coming out of the West. McKenzie has played really well and is one of the best challengers. As always there are some other teams that can play tough: Union City, Peabody, Greenfield, etc., but those are the two favorites IMO.

You got your Regions mixed up. McKenzie is not in the same region or sub state area as the other teams. They will be fighting with Huntingdon, Summertown, and Loretto. GC and UC are tops in their region. 

34 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

You got your Regions mixed up. McKenzie is not in the same region or sub state area as the other teams. They will be fighting with Huntingdon, Summertown, and Loretto. GC and UC are tops in their region. 

I'm referring to how teams coming out of the West will fare in competition for the State title. In Class A, I think the two best teams in West TN are McKenzie and Gibson Co. 

49 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I'm referring to how teams coming out of the West will fare in competition for the State title. In Class A, I think the two best teams in West TN are McKenzie and Gibson Co. 

McKenzie is really good and will give whoever they play in Summertown and Loretto a run for their money. They can play and are very well coached. Greenfield is kinda like GC was last year and are needing some reps to get more chemistry, but  I do feel they will be a real tough out as well as Union City in their district. GC and Peabody are the two to beat in their district. Two of these four will be in Murfreesboro.

• Upvote 1

On 1/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, NotsoFast said:

Coach Rogers has earned respect and will have his team prepared come March. And make no mistake they WILL be playing in March in Murfreesboro. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Coach Rogers has earned respect and will have his team prepared come March. And make no mistake they WILL be playing in March in Murfreesboro. 

I agree 110%. You can’t go by record when schools are playing big time schedules. Clarkrange is my number 1 right now with Summertown close.