Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

24 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

This late in the year (especially after the snow storm), you've got to get your kids reps and make sure they have their legs for the games coming up. Certainly a wrong way and a right way to do things, but just because they have some of their kids in late, I wouldn't automatically call that a "bad look". If they are up 41 and still fullcourt pressing with their starters, I'd agree.

Agree.  If my memory serves (its been over 12 hours), Davis, Bennett, and Kylie Reynolds didn't score in the second half.  I know Reynolds didn't because she had 15 at the break and that is what she ended with. I think McKenzie only scored 8 points in the 3rd quarter. 

44 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

What most likely  upset in region ( or you think games go as seeded ) 

A lot harder to have upsets in Single-A due to depth. I don't expect any of the top teams in the West to get upset. Might see some "upsets" in those 2 vs. 3 seed games, but outside of that I'd expect it to go chalk. 

AA I think has more potential for upsets because you don't generally have as large of a talent gap. So you can always have those perfect storm type nights for an upset. Harder to see that in the lower classifications, even at the region level.

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

For the sake of argument, let's define upsets as lower seeded teams beating higher seeded teams. 

Potential upsets:

Peabody as a 2 seed potentially losing to the 3 seed from District 13 (Gleason, Greenfield, or Union City). 

2 seed Cloudland beating 1 seed Cosby in the semifinal.

2 seed Loretto beating 1 seed McKenzie in the semifinal.

2 seed Pickett or Clay Co beating 1 seed Whitwell or Van Buren.

I'm not saying any of these will happen, but they seem the most likely potential lower seeds beating higher seeds.

The other game people should watch is 3 seed Wayne County at 2 seed Huntingdon.  Wayne has gotten healthy and was playing better before the snow hit.  They could be a dangerous matchup for Huntingdon

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Prayers that all teams stay healthy and are full strength when the games are played!! I do think Summertown is in good shape and are heavy favorites to get to Murfreesboro. Not so sure on Loretto. I see McKenzie being a 2-4 point favorite personally in McKenzie if they play. I think Clarkrange will cruise in to Murfreesboro. Gibson County will be favored but as always the Region 7 A semis are tough as well as their District Championship.  Pickett County or Clay County will have their hands full with Van Buren County or Whitwell. East TN will be a battle as well with North Green and Cloudland’s district trying to get there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maddams said:

For the sake of argument, let's define upsets as lower seeded teams beating higher seeded teams. 

Potential upsets:

Peabody as a 2 seed potentially losing to the 3 seed from District 13 (Gleason, Greenfield, or Union City). 

I'm not saying any of these will happen, but they seem the most likely potential lower seeds beating higher seeds.

The other game people should watch is 3 seed Wayne County at 2 seed Huntingdon.  Wayne has gotten healthy and was playing better before the snow hit.  They could be a dangerous matchup for Huntingdon

Good win for Greenfield tonight. Edie Darby is really playing well right now!! She has really played well this year. Biggs also took Anderson out of the game. Solid performance!! Greenfield will be an extremely tough out. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, maddams said:

Potential upsets:

I actually see two of these happening: I think Gleason, Greenfield and UC are all better than Peabody.

And I love what McKenzie has done, and Savannah Davis is a star, but Loretto has Karly Weathers and I think Loretto beats McKenzie, in a game I HOPE is moved to Bethel to maybe get a good crowd. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, maddams said:

Potential upsets:

I like that everyone has written Huntingdon out. There is still a game tonight with Mckenzie/ Huntingdon to determine who wins district. It was a tight one last time they played and it’s tough to beat a good team 3 times

14 minutes ago, Waker said:

I like that everyone has written Huntingdon out. There is still a game tonight with Mckenzie/ Huntingdon to determine who wins district. It was a tight one last time they played and it’s tough to beat a good team 3 times

I have been discussing this with several people this week. My reference is, we don't want to get "West Carrolled" like the boys did last year.  This one should be a good one. 

18 hours ago, maddams said:

Potential upsets:

I’ve got news for you. Whitwell or VanBuren  won’t beat the #4 seed out of District 6A. The upset would be if either of those teams beats our 4 seed!  

18 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’ve got news for you. Whitwell or VanBuren  won’t beat the #4 seed out of District 6A. The upset would be if either of those teams beats our 4 seed!  

Clay County just threw a wrench in Pickett County’s party last night. The consolation loser will be in much better shape than the 3 seed. Pickett County wins consolation they have Clarkrange in the semis. I hadn’t even seen the line, but I will take the 4 seed and the points in the consolation.