Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

10 minutes ago, Waker said:

Wayne Co played a heck of a game. Seemed like every 3 they threw in the air went in. Especially the 1st half.

Brooklyn Williams is so fast. She is a one woman press.

Quite a few freshmen played big minutes for the Fillies.

Hats off to Wayne County they played well and shot the lights out in the first half.  The Fillies didn’t look ready to play the first half.  
It was an amazing comeback, they were down 19 in the 3rd quarter and put on the pressure.  It was an electric atmosphere in the 4th quarter something that has been missing all season.  The only lead in the game for the fillies was the buzzer beater by Brooklyn.  So proud of the seniors they have had an outstanding 4 year run.  They were clutch in the 2nd half.  

On 2/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, UCSportsFan said:

I’ve just never seen any teams from Whitwell that were good enough to beat any of the teams from this district. I know Clay beat them twice this year. I do think it will be closer than 30 points but I still have Pickett winning. 

I am putting the crow on the grill for you. How you want it cooked?? Whitwell beat Pickett by 11 and Van Buren knocked off Red Boiling Springs by twenty something. 

13 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Hats off to Wayne County they played well and shot the lights out in the first half.  The Fillies didn’t look ready to play the first half.  
It was an amazing comeback, they were down 19 in the 3rd quarter and put on the pressure.  It was an electric atmosphere in the 4th quarter something that has been missing all season.  The only lead in the game for the fillies was the buzzer beater by Brooklyn.  So proud of the seniors they have had an outstanding 4 year run.  They were clutch in the 2nd half.  

Without a doubt. 

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am putting the crow on the grill for you. How you want it cooked?? Whitwell beat Pickett by 11 and Van Buren knocked off Red Boiling Springs by twenty something. 

I like salt pepper lots of good Memphis bbq well done please and thank you!  Now on the other hand season is over for Whitwell after their trip to that sweat box they call a gymnasium in Clarkrange!!

Edited by UCSportsFan

4 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I like salt pepper lots of good Memphis bbq well done please and thank you!  Now on the other hand season is over for Whitwell after their trip to that sweat box they call a gymnasium in Clarkrange!!

Just joking. What happend to Pickett County?? All their girls get boyfriends and fall in love. Thought they were talented last year. Clarkrange I have been watching some online. Playing excellent right now. 

16 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Whitwell is a very capable team but I agree I don’t think anybody goes into Clarkrange and comes out a winner this time of year 

Edited by FutureCOY

49 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Just joking. What happend to Pickett County?? All their girls get boyfriends and fall in love. Thought they were talented last year. Clarkrange I have been watching some online. Playing excellent right now. 

Pickett was missing a true point guard.  None of the girls seemed to have a true position. Coach is good but just have that one missing ingredient.   Great group of seniors just missing that one ingredient. Great group of freshman coming though and the freshman class this year was good. Brighter days on the horizon. Clarkrange can beat most any team any night. 

9 minutes ago, rammerjammer2 said:

Pickett was missing a true point guard.  None of the girls seemed to have a true position. Coach is good but just have that one missing ingredient.   Great group of seniors just missing that one ingredient. Great group of freshman coming though and the freshman class this year was good. Brighter days on the horizon. Clarkrange can beat most any team any night. 

Excuses all you want. Whitwell had many subs out tonight and our starters pulled through.

Just now, Redheadstepkid said:

Excuses all you want. Whitwell had many subs out tonight and our starters pulled through.

Made no excuses. Whitwell beat Pickett in the regular season and the playoffs. You need to learn to read. Obviously you were the better team this year. I was only stating what appeared to be Pickett’s reason for not being the top tiered team most thought they were. No shade on anybody. some years you come together and some you don’t.  Not knocking any team. PICKETT will be back though. Too good of a feeder program not to be. 

10 hours ago, 1983 said:

Amazing win for the Fillies. Wayne Co shot lights out in the 1st half. Fillies played pressure defense and pushed the ball the entire game. I believe Wayne Co was pretty gassed in the 4th. Fillies played a lot of youngsters and was able to really increase the pressure in the 4th. Brooklyn William's is as quick as any kid I've ever seen. Looking forward to visiting Summertown and that wonderful old gym. Maybe we can play yall a good game.

7 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Amazing win for the Fillies. Wayne Co shot lights out in the 1st half. Fillies played pressure defense and pushed the ball the entire game. I believe Wayne Co was pretty gassed in the 4th. Fillies played a lot of youngsters and was able to really increase the pressure in the 4th. Brooklyn William's is as quick as any kid I've ever seen. Looking forward to visiting Summertown and that wonderful old gym. Maybe we can play yall a good game.

Williams single handily turned momentum at Summertown last year Personally I would press the whole game and play a lot of people and hope for the best. Summertown plays a lights out half court defense. I would see how they handled a dose of 4 quarters of pressure and see if it would create some transition opportunities and some space for Huntingdon offensively.